i'm looking for a fuzz to get a hendrexy sound...which one is better??? i was trying a BBE free fuzz the other day and really liked it but i don't want to base my choice on just a couple of pedals...what are other good fuzz pedals??
for a true hendrix sound, don't go for a fuzz face reissue. try a roger mayer axis or a roger mayer classic.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
+1.

I've got the Roger Mayer Classic Fuzz, it's great for Hendrix and classic fuzz face sounds.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
+1.

I've got the Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz, it's great for late Hendrix and classic silicon fuzz face sounds.
...Copy.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Dunlop reissued the Fuzz Face!! At Musicians Friend.com, they're about 100 American.
Quote by iommi #1
Dunlop reissued the Fuzz Face!! At Musicians Friend.com, they're about 100 American.

Quote by SRVStrat808
for a true hendrix sound, don't go for a fuzz face reissue. try a roger mayer axis or a roger mayer classic.

*cough*
the dunlop one uses the wrong transistors and resistors, which changes the sound.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
the sig series hendrix dunlop one uses BC108s (if they aren't lying), which isnt wrong. and the clips of those are really much better than the normal red one.

anyway, someone really should make a ultimate fuzz thread.

anyways, theres many boutique germanium fuzzes(what hendrix used most of the time) available. like the analogman sun face, PE germ, monsterpiece NPN/PNP, MJM london, tonefactor huckleberry/hellbilly, KR gypsy, roger mayer and MANY more.
^Sure, but it's still not germanium; which is arguably more closely associated to Hendrix.