CHECK OUT MY BAND!
myspace.com/protestingmodernlife

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG320DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Digitech Metal Master
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Yamaha Acoustic
I string mine with electric strings, but I was thinking of going back to acoustic, cause it's been a while, I'd like to see what it feels like again.
Quote by Thebiz
I've broken two strings in less than a week on my Squier Affinity Stratocaster guitar. The man who told me what happened was that the strings keep breaking from the inside and I am very confused about this whole thing.

What should I do? Should I get new strings or go to a different place to repair my guitar since I keep breaking the strings themselves?

NOT AS MUCH AS HIM!!!!!
you can, i accidently did last time i restrung my acoustic. didnt notice they were electric untill they were already on.
Quote by ldnovelo2
you both suck

Please don't just spam insults or next time someone might report you.

Also get rid of the url in your location. It's really annoying having to scroll to the right.

To TS: It is possible. But I wouldn't get too thick gauge strings if you are worried.
Be very carefull!
I did it to mine once, and after 2 weeks my bridge broke off because of the higher tension!
just watch out!
a person behind me in a guitar shop told me the other way around is possible, but dosent sound too nice.
probably would work, just get low gauge strings
An acoustic guitar is designed and built to withstand the higher tension of acoustic strings, most commonly .012's. Putting on a set of electric guitar strings should do no damage whatsoever to the instrument, but it will sound different with the lighter gauges on. Freth up there had a bad guitar moment no doubt, but I rekon it wasn't from putting electric strings on his acoustic.
Also, acoustic string sets are matched so that they provide even tension across all 6 strings. Electrics are this way as well, just less. You would more than likely notice some fret buzz happening later on, if you were to keep them on for a few months, as the neck started to bow back away from the strings due to the lighter tension on the truss rod. You would be best off in keeping with acoustic strings, and go with the gauge the guitar was designed to handle.
Quote by Freth
Be very carefull!
I did it to mine once, and after 2 weeks my bridge broke off because of the higher tension!
just watch out!

I think you have things mixed up here, I have a hard time believing electric strings broke the bridge off your acoustic guitars.
Quote by david_highland
I think you have things mixed up here, I have a hard time believing electric strings broke the bridge off your acoustic guitars.

Yeah i dont think they would, and you can but it doesn't sound as good.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood