Page 1 of 7
Skateboarding is not a crime..... except in those places that have signs that say "No Skateboarding"
If an officer asks you to stop, you ****ing stop. It is a felony to flea. They deserved it.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
The cop probablly just said "Stop!" to which the kids ran. If you do that it now becomes fleeing and evading I think (correct me if im wrong) so if your caught then (which they were) it = busted for you and then if you squirm while being arrested also count as resisting arrest and to worsen matters if you accidently hit the cop while squirming it CAN not always but can be used against you as battery.
Quote by SlimSG
The cop probablly just said "Stop!" to which the kids ran. If you do that it now becomes fleeing and evading I think (correct me if im wrong) so if your caught then (which they were) it = busted for you and then if you squirm while being arrested also count as resisting arrest and to worsen matters if you accidently hit the cop while squirming it CAN not always but can be used against you as battery.

They may have reacted wrong, but they were doing nothing wrong and even if they were that **** used WAY too much force, ESPECIALLY on the girl.
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Quote by Rocker_69
They may have reacted wrong, but they were doing nothing wrong and even if they were that **** used WAY too much force, ESPECIALLY on the girl.

+100
Quote by Aidy Damage

Off topic, but Aidy, hows the Vincent745 thing going??

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
They had it coming, they continually resisted arrested and were fleeing.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Rankles
They had it coming, they continually resisted arrested and were fleeing.

You can't seriously condone putting a 13 year old kid in a chokehold for skateboarding? I mean officers need to have some discretion, they obviously weren't malicious and violent criminals, especially the two kids he grabbed towards the end, who were walking around holding skateboards, and he put them both in headlocks and drug them to the ground.
Yes they resisted arrest and evaded, but for their age such force need not be used.

I mean come on? He put two of them in a headlock and the first guy was arrested for a really vague reason and choked, how do you expect them to react when they're only 13.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Quote by NGD1313
You can't seriously condone putting a 13 year old kid in a chokehold for skateboarding? I mean officers need to have some discretion, they obviously weren't malicious and violent criminals, especially the two kids he grabbed towards the end, who were walking around holding skateboards, and he put them both in headlocks and drug them to the ground.

You know he's 13 how? And what did you see him do before he was put in the chokehold? Besides it doesn't actually choke them, it restrains them. It only chokes them if they try to resist.

Now then, the two you are talking about, if you watch again, were not just walking around, one was about to be questioned when he started to run, the copper caught him and his buddy went over and tried to pull the cop off him. Fighting a police officer? Resisting arrest? Fleeing? Felony crimes buddy.

Quote by Cpt.Jackass
Yes they resisted arrest and evaded, but for their age such force need not be used.

I mean come on? He put two of them in a headlock and the first guy was arrested for a really vague reason and choked, how do you expect them to react when they're only 13.

It's only vague because we don't know what happened prior to it. Everything we saw after that incident was justified.

Lol at the end 'happy go skateboarding day dude.'
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Cpt.Jackass

Exactly, I respect the law, but it doesn't control me, and those boys were asking what they did wrong and the officer failed to mention their original crime. He said resisting arrest, interfering, but he never said the original crime. I would have reacted the same way.

And again, that was a teenage girl, he used far too much force, and the boy stepped in because his friend was being thrown around, he objected then he got tackled. Thats abuse of power by an ego maniac.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Quote by Rankles
You know he's 13 how? And what did you see him do before he was put in the chokehold? Besides it doesn't actually choke them, it restrains them. It only chokes them if they try to resist.

Now then, the two you are talking about, if you watch again, were not just walking around, one was about to be questioned when he started to run, the copper caught him and his buddy went over and tried to pull the cop off him. Fighting a police officer? Resisting arrest? Fleeing? Felony crimes buddy.

The text at the beginning stated that the kid was 13. The officer accused the girl whom tried to run of violating a city ordinance by not sitting down when he told her, she said no and started to back away, so he proceeded to put her in a headlock rather than attempt to reason with her. The other kid walks over and yells about how outrageous he thinks it is so the officer grabs him too just for good measure. Neither of them broke any law. The fact of the matter is, they may have done questionable things, but the officer had no right to exercise that amount of force to stop a few teenagers, especially since the initial crime was about as serious as loitering.
Quote by ScreamingCheeto
He's a ****ing dick. But those kids should have just all left when he chased their friend who escaped.

And left their other friend handcuffed at the side of the road? Yeah, great idea. Then he gets taken in, taken home and all his buddies are identified and probably get a worse punishment.

Quote by NGD1313
The text at the beginning stated that the kid was 13. The officer accused the girl whom tried to run of violating a city ordinance by not sitting down when he told her, she said no and started to back away, so he proceeded to put her in a headlock rather than attempt to reason with her. The other kid walks over and yells about how outrageous he thinks it is so the officer grabs him too just for good measure. Neither of them broke any law.

Resisting arrest! You said it yourself, she said NO. This is after her friends had already tried to run. Reason wasn't working, he had every right to subdue her.

Quote by Rocker_69
Exactly, I respect the law, but it doesn't control me, and those boys were asking what they did wrong and the officer failed to mention their original crime. He said resisting arrest, interfering, but he never said the original crime. I would have reacted the same way.

And again, that was a teenage girl, he used far too much force, and the boy stepped in because his friend was being thrown around, he objected then he got tackled. Thats abuse of power by an ego maniac.

Who cares what their original crime was? If a copper shouts you over or tells you to stop for ANY reason, whether it be random checks or just to ask you something and you run away, THERE is your crime.
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Rankles
Who cares what their original crime was? If a copper shouts you over or tells you to stop for ANY reason, whether it be random checks or just to ask you something and you run away, THERE is your crime.

While I agree that the girl was a bit of a punk in the way she reacted, she said no out of fear, and having seen the way he treated her friend, she was piss scared of the guy. So she backed away, then the cop began to aggresivly chase her then she ran. She WAS in the wrong, but the cop used far too much force.

Personally I would have reacted the exact same way as the bloke in the white shirt.

And yes, the 13 year old who was tackled violated the law, and the guy who ran is just stupid, but the way he treated the girl and the other two guys (white and red shirts) is just insane.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
It doesn't matter though, the cops are trained to react to those situations in that way.

I mean hell, it should never have escalated to what it did but a lot of the blame rests on the kids for reacting like they did.
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
We have this little skatepark in our village.
and the police arrested some guys without a reason to !
and noit the nice way.. the hard way.

why does everyone hates skateboarders ?

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Why was the kid running when he had a skateboard? Yet more proof it's just an image, not a hobby.

EDIT: He can't arrest the camera guy. That's bullshit.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Jun 26, 2007,
Quote by noxiosimitator
We have this little skatepark in our village.
and the police arrested some guys without a reason to !
and noit the nice way.. the hard way.

why does everyone hates skateboarders ?

That didn't happen, no cop arrest someone for just skating in a skatepark, nor do they all hate skateboarders, stop being such an attention *****
The officer had obviously just found out his wife was cheating on him or something.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I'm having chicken nuggets for lunch.

My Day > Yours
Why didnt someone whack the mother****er over the head with a skateboard when he was cuffing the first guy?

Mother ****er.
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
Did the cop catch the guy who ran?
Quote by DanRev
"Come over to my place, no ones home"

I went, there was no one home.

Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?
Rankles!
There was no reason what so ever he should of used that much force on those kids. sure the one that ran he can. he has a reason , but that girl , all she was doing it looked like was going to **** down in those green chairs and talking to her friend in handcuffs, he just grabbed her around the head, so her friend jumped in.

that cop was just a f*cken douchebag and should be fired IMMEDIATELY if the scum already hasnt.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by OneHappyCamper
Why didnt someone whack the mother****er over the head with a skateboard when he was cuffing the first guy?

Mother ****er.

It would seem everybody posting in this thread is merely coming up with ways for them to get an even worse punishment than they did.
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Rankles

It would seem everybody posting in this thread is merely coming up with ways for them to get an even worse punishment than they did.

haha

yeah i noticed that.

the kid who was first cuffed. when the camera man said they should run, he clearly says no coz he has to get the cuffs off , dont know what he did BEFORE the recording started but that kid didnt do a thing wrong.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Maybe he was a little hard on them, but they aren't seriously hurt or anything.

Adrenaline runs high when confrontations happen, and attitudes don't help anyone. That guy running off will have just served to piss him off even more.

When I got arrested I was sat, cuffed in the back of a car and outside one of the officers was pushing my mate around, quite unnecessarily really as he just didn't like what my mate was saying (he had run out of handcuffs so couldn't arrest him yet). I was quite pissed, and was shouting stuff probably along the lines of "Let him go you prick" etc, at which he proceeded to throw my mate to the floor and leave him, open the door and choke me ramming my head against the headrest whilst telling me I'll regret making further noise.
His reason for getting forceful with my mate was because he 'saw him as a threat'. So much of a threat that he could leave him, unattended while attacking me, cuffed and locked in the back of the car . . .

So having had a similar experience I can tell why the kids were pissed off, and they have a right to be so I'd say. Even though I said about adrenaline etc, officers are trained to be in those situations, and if they can't handle loutish behaviour how would they handle a rampaging murderer for example? What if he'd had a gun?

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
The cop was all wrong there. First thing he should have done was take the camera, and then beat seven shades of **** outta those kids.
Not that I have anything against skateboarders, except that I hate them.
Quote by Rankles

Do you seriously think I come to UG to be reasonable?
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
Quote by Funcoot
If an officer asks you to stop, you ****ing stop. It is a felony to flea. They deserved it.

The end.
My Gear:
-Schecter C-1 Plus (Vintage Sunburst)
-B-52 AT-212 Tube Combo
-ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
-Digitech RP350 Multi-Effects Pedal
-Hamer Slammer Strat Copy
its true, but the camera guy shouldnt have been arrested. He stayed out of the way, and all he said was "your going to arrest him for skateboarding?"
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
Man, there must be some happy murderers, paedophiles, rapists, muggers, etc. out there. Got to get those skateboarders. Buch of crap right there. Pigs attack and maul kids because the before mentioned make them actually work. Much easier to choke a kid than a murdering psychopath. That pig is a coward and a bully. And I am not just talking out of my ass. I have been threatened to have my head smashed in for skating in a parking lot. Serve and protect my ass.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Ah I've been arrested for skateboarding too it's so ridiculous, so I can understand where the kids are coming from. They did a lot of dumb things and the cop used way more force then was necessary. Some cops are on serious power trips I hate it.