Going to buy myself a new guitar/amp. Just found this store in Victoria called Guitar Paradise.... it seems to be an online store/warehouse though they have pickup. And they are a fair bit cheaper than Billy Hyde's which is kinda sus.... also the RRP price on the guitar i want is 100$'s different to billy hyde (the g-400) on Guitar Paradise is 699$ vs 799$ on billy hyde.. pretty sure exactly same guitar... which is even more dodgy... anyone bought some stuff off them if so id be greatful to hear from you!

http://www.guitarparadise.com.au/
http://www.billyhyde.com.au/

Thanks in advance,

Brodie
yeah ive noticed that place... Though I never actually have the money to buy anything no matter how cheap lol. Check out the forums (besides UG).
I have the Epiphone SG G-400, and I'm very happy with it. I bought it for $600 at Dream Music (Independent) though. I say, go to Guitar Paradise. Ask them about warranty, and ask if you have any problems with it within the first couple of months if you can take it back and they'll fix it. If they won't, then go to Billy Hyde's, also, at both places, ask if you can have a discount, if they decline, ask for a freebie, like a pack of strings, or a couple of picks. It's worth a shot, what's the worst that can happen? They say "no".
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
hmm thanks guys yeah im kinda sus about online sites though i just found allans is actually having a sale on the amp/guitar i want - the g400 and the mg100dfx... ended on the 21st hopefully i can still get in on it )
Ive been there twice. They are a really great store. Cheap prices, good range in store and good down to earth salesmen.

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
Quote by schmo
hmm thanks guys yeah im kinda sus about online sites though i just found allans is actually having a sale on the amp/guitar i want - the g400 and the mg100dfx... ended on the 21st hopefully i can still get in on it )

NOOOOOO not an MG!!! Please no!!!
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
oh cmon MG's aren't that bad :P.. and no i don't want a vox... And no even more so i don't want a fender because i want some decent distortion

and thanks for the tip TheDev01dOne shall check it out tomorrow!
Quote by Alter-Bridge
I have the Epiphone SG G-400, and I'm very happy with it. I bought it for $600 at Dream Music (Independent) though. I say, go to Guitar Paradise. Ask them about warranty, and ask if you have any problems with it within the first couple of months if you can take it back and they'll fix it. If they won't, then go to Billy Hyde's, also, at both places, ask if you can have a discount, if they decline, ask for a freebie, like a pack of strings, or a couple of picks. It's worth a shot, what's the worst that can happen? They say "no".

Dream music?? isnt that at canterbury or somewhere around there.thats where i got my first guitar
You could try Venue Music in Sydney....great store that I ordered my JB Strat from. I called them up from South Australia (though i'm a banana-bender now!) and they were very helpful and friendly, great price too! The JB retails for $3699, and I got it for $2911 including delivery! It turned up 4 days later perfect.

Anyway, on to the G 400, they have it for $679 (including delivery).....here's a link >>>>G 400 from Venue<<<<<, they also have the worn brown if you're into that colour. Good luck!
Wow your guitars are expensive in Austrailia...I picked up the custom SG400 with 3 pickups for $349US
Quote by schmo
oh cmon MG's aren't that bad :P.. and no i don't want a vox... And no even more so i don't want a fender because i want some decent distortion

I owned one.. They're bad. Don't waste your money on a 100W one..

Get a Randall RG it will sound 500x better for metal than the MG for the same price.
wow looked up the reviews they are rather impressive....

would there be a specific model i should look for? and thanks again TheDev01dOne .. saving my ass once again
Last edited by schmo at Jun 26, 2007,
They're a bit more expensive but really worth it. The best SS metal amps IMO.

http://www.guitar.com.au/amplifiers/electric/randall/g3combos.html

They G3 series aren't that much better than the old G2 ones, so if you can find somewhere with old stock of the G2 or find one used you could probably get the 200W one for about the same price. Instead of 75W.
Try www.guitar.com.au

They are a shop on the Gold Coast and I got my G-400 from there for $550 around a year and a half ago. Postage is around $40 or so for interstate I think.
My Stuff:
ESP LTD MH-400 (pic's here)
Epiphone G-400 SG
Vox AD30VT
Marshall JH-1 Jackhammer
how do the rollands stack up with "softer" rock.. ie so called classical.. acdc/led zep/van halen etc? I love maiden so metal would be good but even still its not really really heavily distorted metal... looking at the reviews some people say its only really for metal... even worse people say the MG is a good amp *sigh*... almost effectively wasted $800 on buying one! so confusing.... Probably looking at either the 75 watter or the 100 watter.. though really i only need something that's loud enough for at worst minor gigs... too scared to buy second hand as don't have that much experience with amps and will probably get ripped off
For about $1000 you could ebay yourself a used Marshall JCM 900 combo or something like that. Which would be perfect for the kind of music you want to play.

Even something like an Orange Tiny Terror might serve you well. It's 15w tube and does the classic rock crunch awesome, maybe need an OD pedal for maiden stuff but it should get pretty da close. Loud enough for small gigs, you just might have to shop around a bit for a cheap cab. You can get the TT for about $750 brand new.

I don't know muc about them but you could probably find a Crate or Laney tube combo for around that price that would be good too.

Amps are pretty hard to break so going used isn't as bad as it seems. And you always have UG to get opinions if you're unsure about stuff.
Looked arnd on ebay..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RANDALL-RG200-G2_W0QQitemZ130126497968QQihZ003QQcategoryZ10171QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Used RG200G2.. Pretty cheap. Easily sell for less than $1000

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ASHDOWN-FALEN-ANGEL-60-GUITAR-AMP-GREAT-BUY_W0QQitemZ140130700703QQihZ004QQcategoryZ10171QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Ashdown Fallen angel.. All tube ad meant to be great amps for the price.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Marshall-JCM2000-DSL50-Guitar-Amplifier-Amp-all-tube_W0QQitemZ280128724663QQihZ018QQcategoryZ10171QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
JCM 2000 DSL 50 head.. Sweet amp but probably out of your price range since you'll need a cab aswell.

You get way more amp for your money going used instead of new IMO, just gotta make sure you know what you're buying and how much it's worth.
thanks for all the effort mate. really really really appreciated...all this is highly confusing for a noob like myself... im sorta leaning towards the randall now. Simply can't afford the others .. either the 75 watt or the 100 watt if i can find a nice deal or a second hand one as above i thinks would be awesome.
Quote by schmo

vox came with a new higher gain line... honestly the only thing that marshall will sound decent on is distortion, and it doesnt even do that well

actually ill second the randall it is truely better
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
There's RG75G3 combos in the 'Bay going for $699 so you can probably get one for about $600 in a shop. Should be a pretty sweet amp for the styles you want.

That 200W one on eBay is only $350 or something so far so if you could get that for the same price it would be a much better amp as it will be able to gig when you get there so won't need upgrading so soon.

I know how it feels trying to find good stuff here in Aus so I like to try and help haha.
while i was at Guitar paradise the other day they had an Orange tiny terror in store

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//