I just got a Zoom Multi Fx 2.1U and was mainly out for the distortion.
but i wanted to experiment with some other effects too. So yea.
But anyone got any recommendation for the use of some effects and how it'll improve my sound.
Eg. Wah? and stuff.
:P
dude.......fiddle around with the damn pedal and you'll find some really cool stuff!

chorus
phaser / phase
fuzz
wah
FLANGEEER
Ok. i will when i have the time.
Any suggestions on how to get the distort on Time is running out by Muse?
Quote by Stumpo

I think a lot of studio and amp compression is used on that as well as fuzz.
Quote by Stumpo

Chris Worstelamforavile (I know the beginning of his last name, just not the end) uses a Russian EH Big Muff. Today I got a US EH Big Muff and the first song I played was Hysteria and it sounded so goood.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by progbass
delay + chourus = godlike

On bass? Looks more like a recipe for mud to me
Quote by Stumpo

Fuzz (Big Muff)+Synth (Akai Deep Impact).
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Right now I have two distortion pedals (one for bass, one for guitar, soon will have another), a chorus pedal, and a phaser pedal. It basically depends on the sound you want. I personally play clean in general, with the band, on my own, to a song, whatever, but overall the pedals I find are best overall (at least in my case, since I play metal) just for personal amusement. I've made sounds with the combination of those pedals that would make amazing songs, just because of the sounds period. But typically, distortion/overdrive/fuzz is a good common use type of pedal, the chorus is good for more mellow or melodic use, definately when playing in the higher registers...and the phaser...well that I've found is really good for making intros for songs or strange bridges...but typically not to be used for verse/chorus situations. But that's my thoughts...definately just try out different pedals...but I would highly suggest trying only the single-effect pedals...the multi-effect pedals aren't all that great unless you want to buy the one's that cost more than a bass and amp combined, haha.
I am a lucid dream to the illusionary slumber
Wading in a cesspool of forgotten memory
An insignificant host to the collective subconscious

~Sacred Slumber
Quote by smb
On bass? Looks more like a recipe for mud to me

You don't listen to Tool, do you?