What are some cool exercises for downpicking(super fast) also for endurance. I feel after three minutes at 150 bpm, my arm's just about dead.
Master of Puppets all downpicking
Quote by IbanezSA160

You are always in my thoughts,
Your eyes are perfect, your body is tight.
Put on this strap on i just bought
And ride my anus into the night.

Quote by Kneusje

[IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/Kneusje_Drumman/SPARTAAA.jpg[/IMG]
MASTAR
MASTAR

yeah i was gonna say that, especially the verse
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Blackened intro riff and Creeping Death verse riff
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
I know there are tons of songs to learn but I mean like exercises to develop my picking. Also, is it true you put less strain on your hand if you keep your fingers tucked in?
Play chromatics exercises with downpicking on every string using palm muting.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Focus on putting only the very necessary amount of force down on the bridge. Just barely enough to mute the strings and keep the sound chunky. And from my experience pulling your fingers in closer seems to minimize the amount of energy spent. Also try exercises which alternate between open strumming and muting at irregular times.
Last edited by sixstringedaxe at Jun 26, 2007,
Quote by MuffinxMassacre
Master of Puppets all downpicking

all downpicking!!! i always play the first fast bit alternate picking.... i thought that was quite difficult, do most people do that downpicking???

i mean the part that i saw called the "spiders web riff" (i think)

-----2-------3------4------5------4
0-1----0-1----0-1----0-1----0-1

that one!
I do that downpicking... you know when you do some things in a way that they're more fun? To me that is more fun. Arm aches a tiny bit... but not that much really...