hey guys my whammy bar squeaks when I use it also I cant pull up like herman lI does. Can u guys help me
untr00
Last edited by icedog41 at Jun 26, 2007,
Well, Squiers don't come with locking tremolos so you can't pull up. If you want, you can put wd 40 on the whamy and it shouldn't squeek.
You can't pull it up because it's not a Floyd Rose.
Celtic FootballClub1888
don;t wd40 it

your springs are too tight by the sounds or rusty...have them looked at if yu are unsure what to do

can't pull up because you probably have a flat mount...need a floyd rose style to do that
BC Rich Mocking bird
Ibanez Artcore
Epiphone LP JR customized
80's Vantage
Takamine 12 String
Ibanez Bass
Washburn Bass
Marshall JCM900
Marshall 1960a 4x12 with 75's
Acoustic 150
Line 6 POD
Boss OC-2
Heil Talk box
I look at it the spring tension is tight, theres 2 scews near where the springs lock onto a clamp should I loosen them
untr00
Quote by muzz666

my fender strat doesn't have a floyd rose but i can pull it up. Also mines squeaky too but i don't care, i find it funny, me and a friend did a tremolo squeak duel on our guitars
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by muzz666

that's just wrong.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
that's just wrong.

He means "You can't pull up because it's not a floating tremolo."
im not gonna start a new thread bout this, but the whammy in my MIM strat kind of moves quite hard (and if it does it moves in jolts, so its like *pull* *moves a little* stuck again *pull * * moves again a bit*

also whenever i screw it it makes this kind of springy noise (cause it gets stuck, and when i pull it free the springs start vibrating).

how can i make it move in a smoother manner?
1. herman lee is a rusty, sloppy, cant play for **** tool.
2. read the above.
3. dude. read the other two a few times before you move one.
4. strat trems werent designed to float an extreme amount like floating trems do, you can pull up, but not much.

if its hard to push down, pull a spring out and set it up again.

set it up so the springs are parralel and the trem is paralel to the body.
Quote by wylde_overdrive
He means "You can't pull up because it's not a floating tremolo."

yeah, i know. but there are plenty of floating trems which aren't floyds.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Don't try to be herman li he sucks and you'll need to release tenson in the springs if you want it floating and if you want it to go down easier.

How do you do that on a strat?
untr00
Well the lowest spring amount you can go is two really. Less springs = less effort to push.

I don't think you should be trying floating tremolo tricks on a vintage trem, though.