Ok, do you think collectives hurt or help local scenes?

What i'm talking about is like...when a few bands get together and decide they'll book together and help each other out.

personally, i'm against the idea because it's cliques. They often degenerate into "i won't play with you because you're not in the group" and it's not what scenes need.

scenes need to be cohesive enough to get noticed yet diverse enough to foster creative growth. this is something that i believe collectives do not work towards.

(note: animal collective, jurassic 5, broken social scene, etc. are not the type of collectives i mean here.)
We don't have anything like that where I live, but it sounds bad I guess.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Quote by Cadj
Don't Fall Out Boy do that?
They only play with bands on their record label if i'm not mistaken.

Or maybe it's because it's called the Honda Civic Tour and they're on every date of it?They've played with bands off other labels before.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by We'realltoBlame
Or maybe it's because it's called the Honda Civic Tour and they're on every date of it?They've played with bands off other labels before.

Last 3 times they played the UK on their own tour it was only bands off Fueled By Ramen i'm sure.
Quote by We'realltoBlame

I went to that concert on the 19th... I met mark hoppus, but other then that. No, that is incorrect, the only band that was on their record label was the academy is.
There's something living in these lines.
Quote by Cadj

no.

a label is not a collective.

a collective is when bands that are friends get together and refuse to play with other bands and promote only their fellow collective bands.

and to the guy that said they don't have one, if you live anywhere with a music scene then you probably do.
Quote by Cadj

Yeah, but if the label organises the tours then they're going to want to put smaller bands on their label to support, aren't they? It makes sense
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████