One of my guitars has an EMG set of 81/60. My other guitar has stock pickups in it. Its a Peavey Rotor EX. Both guitars are Mohagany body.

Now my problem is that i kinda find the sound of the stock pickups more appealing, more aggressive, more distortion, and just better sounding than the EMG 81/60 set. And as far as i know, the 81 is one of the heaviest-sounding pickups you can buy besides LiveWires and BKP WarPigs. So my question is why do the picups in my Peavey sound hotter than my 81? or is it just because deep down inside myself im realizing that i dont like the sound of EMG pickups? By the way im running both guitars through the same amp on the same channel with all settings the same.
what amp are you using?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
emgs pickup(hahahahaha get it lololol) all of your mistakes. you may be disliking that too. they are VERY articulate pickups.
Quote by TheDev01dOne
You say more distortion.. but that's probably just "muddier sound".

You have come to realise you have cheap, cheap taste.

no, the stock pickups are more trebely. I dont have cheap taste, i love the sound of the WarPig more than anything ive ever heard, but its kinda hard to save up for those when your making car paymeants and trying to save up for college. Im only 17 dude. And i only make $6.25 an hour.
The stock pickups would either be really harsh or muddy. My Squier's were ice-picky, my old Epiphone's were ridiculously muddy, for some examples. It may be that you don't like EMG's, alot don't like them. I find them sterile. But to prefer the Rotor EX's pickups is weird. You should spend more time with an EMG equipped guitar. When I first upgraded from Squier to Fender I didn't like that the Fender was warmer toned, but now when I play the Squier I realise the tone is dreadful, really thin and tinny.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by forsaknazrael
What kind of pickups come stock in the Peavey?

Two extra-hot humbucking pickups

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/peavey-rotor-ex-with-floyd-rose/66750

ooh..."extra hot" lol
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

change ur batteries on your EMGs. Or, just replace them with something else, instead of sacrificing those poor batteries to the ****ty tone of EMGs.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by woodenbandman
Or, just replace them with something else, instead of sacrificing those poor batteries to the ****ty tone of EMGs.

Dude shut the hell up. EMG's can sound great
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

It sounds like you really want those BKP Warpigs. All I can say is look in the used market or save up. Also, maybe you should look into other pickups. I'm sure there are more hot pickups out there other than emgs, livewires, and warpigs.
Quote by Kurapica
I once used an SG on stage. I killed three people in the front row and I was only tuning up. It's THAT powerful.

Quote by aeliustehman
I've never seen Metallica use a wah pedal lol.

Quote by BWall1226
does putting stickers on a guitar make someone a poser cause im doing the same thing.
try some BKP Warpigs or Nailbombs
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace