hi!

I'm able to choose between two guitars; Ibanez IC 400 or the Ibanez S470..

Right now I have an Epiphone G400 Cherry with 0.10 - 0.52 Elixir strings and a EMG HZ-H4, it's really good. Back to business. Witch one is better if you would want to play Buckethead songs?

I'm guessing the Ibenz S470, but I'm not sure, please help!
Ibanez RGA 121 w/ SD SH-6b & SH-2n Jazz
Ibanez RGA 121
Epiphone G-400 w/ EMG 81&60A
Fender Stratocaster Original 1978 Sunburst
Alvarez Acoustic DY-85

Fender G-Dec 8" 15W

VOX AD120VT 2*12" 120W

KORG AX1500G
S470.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Whichever one you like better... don't let random kids on the internet decide for you.
I've heard things about the S470, things like it's difficult to tune 1/2 steps down to Eb standard and things. Anyone who knows more?
Ibanez RGA 121
Alvarez Acoustic DY-85

Fender G-Dec 8" 15W

VOX AD120VT 2*12" 120W

KORG AX1500G
buckethead uses baritone? But dont they come in B-standard? :P
Ibanez RGA 121
Alvarez Acoustic DY-85

Fender G-Dec 8" 15W

VOX AD120VT 2*12" 120W

KORG AX1500G
Quote by swe_fender
buckethead uses baritone? But dont they come in B-standard? :P

Hes quite a tall man, so he had gibson make him a larger scale guitar. He uses standard tuning still i believe. But i would go with the S470.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by SublimeGuitar
Hes quite a tall man, so he had gibson make him a larger scale guitar. He uses standard tuning still i believe. But i would go with the S470.

No he uses 2 normal Gibson Les Paul's... well not very normal heavily moded but any way the bigger custom guitars are made by Jackson, the V's the KFC V and the "coopwood" V but they are not baritones, they just have bigger bodies and a bigger headstock.
Teh Gear:
Squier Affinity Fat Strat
Digitech RP-350
Roland PA-250
Old custom made 1x12" cab x2

No. 1 Digitech RP-350 recommender

Linux users UNITE ! ! !

I WANT THIS ! ! !
How can that not be a baritone? a normal scale les paul would look tiny on him, hes 6'5...
are baritone guitars longer than regular ones? Back to topic, i should go with the S470, why?
Ibanez RGA 121
Alvarez Acoustic DY-85

Fender G-Dec 8" 15W

VOX AD120VT 2*12" 120W

KORG AX1500G
Yes, the lp baritones have a bigger scale, and usually 24 frets, like bucketheads, which looks to be a lp baritone custom? it has 24 frets and looks abnormally big for an lp, with the gibson custom shop headstock.
I don't really know how a real Les Paul looks like (I mean I have never seen one in "person"), here in Macedonia we don't see a lot of Les Paul's SG's and Strat's. But everywhere I have read there are two Les Paul's mentioned both of which customs but one with open and one with covered pickups... so that's my only source. Also on the Secret Recipe DVD 2 there is the technician tuning the Les Paul and it looks normal.... I don't know but I think its a "normal" Les Paul.
Teh Gear:
Digitech RP-350
Roland PA-250

Linux users UNITE ! ! !

I WANT THIS ! ! !
its not like bigger les pauls have a different body style or anything, its just scaled up a little to fit bigger people.
the s 470 is light, has a zr locking bridge, and has a fast neck. the ice man is heavier and in my opinion slower, and it lacks the floating bridge.
ibanez rg 550
epiphone standard lp
martin dcx1e
custom tube amp
boss ds 1
dunlop cry baby wah
boss mt 2
boss tu2

Member #3 of the Ibanez RG Owners of the World club. PM user rockownsyou to join
first, what does "Fast neck" mean? MEans its easier to play faster on it? And floating bridge, whats that?
Ibanez RGA 121
Alvarez Acoustic DY-85

Fender G-Dec 8" 15W

VOX AD120VT 2*12" 120W

KORG AX1500G
Quote by swe_fender
first, what does "Fast neck" mean? MEans its easier to play faster on it? And floating bridge, whats that?

1. Exactly. Generally means thinner, smoother, usually without paint on the neck, because that can slow you down.

2. A floating bridge is a vibrato bridge that sits up off of the body of the guitar, allowing you to pull your whammy bar up to raise the pitch of notes. When people think of floating bridges, they generally think of the Floyd Rose locking design, which "locks" your strings into place at the bridge and nut to keep it in tune after using the whammy bar. They can be a bit of a pain to deal with when tuning and changing strings, but you can learn to set it up properly. They have the advantages of staying in tune and raising pitches, and the disadvantage of being difficult to set up.

The floating bridge is definitely not recommended if you change tunings a lot. If you generally stay in one tuning, though, it's not a big deal.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I tend to change tunings very often, but then again I have my Epiphone for that. If I would want to change strings from the 0.9's that comes with the S470, could it be a problem with the locks at the top of the guitar, and the floating brigde.

I had 0.10 - 0.52 in mind...
Ibanez RGA 121
Alvarez Acoustic DY-85

Fender G-Dec 8" 15W

VOX AD120VT 2*12" 120W

KORG AX1500G
Well, you would have to change the set-up. This would involve going in and changing the tension of the springs in the back of the guitar. This isn't an overly complicated procedure, but can take a while when you're new to it. There's plenty of guides to setting up Floyd Rose-style bridges here on UG.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
sounds hard But would an IC 400 be ENOUGH to play Buckethead?

Btw, where can I get one of those custom-painted IC 400's?
Ibanez RGA 121
Alvarez Acoustic DY-85

Fender G-Dec 8" 15W

VOX AD120VT 2*12" 120W

KORG AX1500G
You can play any style with any guitar. There's no reason that you couldn't play his stuff on an IC 400.
i love my iceman. it works great for shredding and stuff but you have to polish the neck every now and them
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
Quote by Keef-is-king
Other than the kill button, what are the mods on his guitars?

nothing else affecting the tone, he has placed the pup selector where the pots are but nothing that seriously affects the tone plus he uses a lot of processors so i think you can achieve his sound with effects rather than buying a new guitar, but if you want a new guitar I'd suggest the Ice Man
Teh Gear:
Digitech RP-350
Roland PA-250

Linux users UNITE ! ! !

I WANT THIS ! ! !
Quote by fredthecat
Whichever one you like better... don't let random kids on the internet decide for you.

+10000000000000
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx