http://www.thomann.de/gb/esp_ltd_mh_1000_qm_dbsb.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/jackson_sl3_limited.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/gibson_flying_v_67_ebony.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/gibson_explorer_76.htm

ok, i like these all, but the question is that which one would be best quality (assume that i change the gibson pickups)??

is there anythign else i should consider within the price range??

cheerio mates!
the only thing that bothers me about the ESP is that it is made in Korea....i dont know :S

someone encourage me.
Korean made guitars are not bad. Just look out for duds. The differences between Japan made ESPs and Korean ones are not all that big. Of course, japanese ESP ARE better quality, but the koreans are fine too.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
^ problem is, if he buys from thomann, he can't really check for duds...

i'd take a look at an ibanez rg1570 too, though thomann's ibanez prices aren't amazing, they're actually cheaper in the UK, i think.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks for the advice...but i dont know...i dont want an ibanez cause theyre very sterile and generic imo....only an opinion

very common...but ill consider it
I'd go for the flying V (which already has really good pups BTW) or the Jackson
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Dude, if your not a beginner player and know how to set up floyds, i say go for the jackson L3. Its a overall good guitar
i havent had much experience with floyds...but its time to learn (havent had one before) i guess
Listen, wat ever you do, do some research before working with floyds, for beginners, it can take like 3 to 4 hours to set it up PERFECTLY (guilty as charged =D) But other than that, the Jackson L3 should be perfect
i theoretically know how its done...

havent had much practice though
Quote by TAN1357
Listen, wat ever you do, do some research before working with floyds, for beginners, it can take like 3 to 4 hours to set it up PERFECTLY (guilty as charged =D) But other than that, the Jackson L3 should be perfect

3-4 hours? It took me 45 minutes on my first try, but I guess it's different for everyone :/
Quote by zwound
thanks for the advice...but i dont know...i dont want an ibanez cause theyre very sterile and generic imo....only an opinion

very common...but ill consider it

haha, if you don't like it don't get it. I only suggested it because it's a similar price, and similar style.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah Dave, i really do appreciate the input (really). i just dont like the ibanez's and obviously you didnt know that.

so my point is, thanks for your input, dont get annoyed, and i appreciate your input
^ i wasn't getting annoyed, i realise some people don't like ibanez, lol.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ yeah, i'd probably go sl3 out of what's left.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
but this one is already a neck thru...and its got ORIGINAL duncan pickups...JB and somethign else.
im not an expert on pickups, but i think JB has a fat tone...i want a fat tone...for older metal and classic rock...

am i interpreting right?
i have a super distortion in my strat (duncan one). dont like it much. very trebly. need more bass.
Quote by godofshred
yep, LFR or OFR on them?

tbh, if its neck thru then its nice. i HATE jackson bolt ons, if i were to get a jackson, im afraid i'd have to mod..

yeah, the neck joint on those pro jacksons is horrible.

the sl3 is neck-thru, though, and appears to have an OFR.

Quote by zwound
im not an expert on pickups, but i think JB has a fat tone...i want a fat tone...for older metal and classic rock...

am i interpreting right?

i wouldn't call a JB fat. though it did sound better than usual in the SL3 when i tried it.

Quote by zwound
i have a super distortion in my strat (duncan one). dont like it much. very trebly. need more bass.

yeah, i tried a duncan distortion in an alder washburn super-strat, was very trebly.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
holy heck, i never noticed it had an OFR.
Hm, can you give me an example of what the JB sounds like? (approximately)...

Oh, and the one im looking at seems to me a limited edition HH config...should have an OFR anyway, right?

do you think they'll throw in a case? i mean gutiars of thsi caliber usually come in cases...but since they had no info about the tremolo, maybe they missed the case info too?
^ the shop i tried the sl3 in said it didn't have a case.

I don't know about that HH one- only the post-2006 sl3's have OFR's, so if the one you're looking at is older...

for JB tone, listen to megadeth, that's a pretty good indication right there.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?