Hey, guys. I just recently have been in the market for an unusual instrument, a German-made 1920's guitar-lute, and have finally won an auction.

Just wanted to get some input from anyone who's either played or owns one of these... you know, how does it compare to other nylon strung guitars in sound and feel, what you paid for yours if you have one, etc.

Here's some pictured from the seller's eBay listing to gaze at...

Any and all of your input will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

~Azaelius
wow looks interesting. id like to know how youre doing with it when you get it. how are you going to learn to play it?? maybe something on the internet? it looks cool. good luck
Quote by stepco12345

You have more balls then me! .

Quote by i have to pee
I love you have sex with me?

We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.
Well, I already know classical guitar and such. It's exactly like a classical guitar in all respects except for it's shape and sound... and number of frets...
Dude! You should mount a acoustic guitar pickup into it!
Give us some sound samples when you get this!
¡ǝɹnʇɐuƃıs sı sıɥʇ
GAH!!!

I will mount NOTHING on this guitar... just because it's so old... 87 years old, man... I will however, get some samples up when I get it in like 20 freaking days... stupid import time from Germany.... I have a mic on my computer that seems to work great... so I'll just do that.
that looks like a lute with 6 strings lol
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor GS Big Leaf Maple/ Sitka Spruce
Yeah... having a lute with six strings was kinda the point of me getting it... I wanted something with a kind of bardic tone to it, but that I knew how to play, so I did some research and found out that these exist... and I knew I had to get one.

The shape and almost the sound of a lute, but with the same techniques needed for classical guitar... I'd love to meet the genius who first thought of doing this...
I like it.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Glad you like it... now does anyone SERIOUSLY have any info on these instruments? I've looked everywhere and tried to get in contact with those who might know, but to no avail... my research has really only told me the era they were built, and I got some infor from the person I bought it from... but what I'm really looking for is possibly an opinion from someone who has played or repaired or built them... any information that anyone has that is of some type of significance would really be appreciated.
Can't say that I know much about this instrument, except that it would make lute-guitar transcription processes extremely easy and practical, at least for itself.

How much did you pay for it?
My God, it's full of stars!
In total, $510 dollars was paid for the guitar, but the total amount paid because of shipping and insurance from Frankfurt, Germany was $598.50

Thank goodness I didn't have to pay for most of it, as $400 of that was a gift.

And what do you mean, "it would make lute-guitar transcription processes extremely easy and practical, at least for itself."?
expensive, but looks really nice
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor GS Big Leaf Maple/ Sitka Spruce
The handy work looks pretty darn good. Very similiar to the things I've seen in guitar books with stuff on the Baroque era (sp?) Anyhow I'd definately love to hear a piece on that, looks like a nice buy. Heck I'd love to strum it hehehehehe.
Wow you hit the jackpot with that Azaelius it looks simply fantastic.
I would love to put it thruogh its paces for a day or so. Congradulatuions Man.
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Hey, Dix Fix, it says you're a Luthier In Training... have you ever seen anything like one of these before?
Azaelius Only in books. As i said earlier I would love to get my hands on it for a day or so LOL
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
There is a gentleman by the name of Carl Samuels who lives in Peoria, Arizona who builds and plays lutes. I'm sure he could tell you more about your Lute. With a little detective work maybe you could find his street address and Phone #.