ive got me a beautifull american strat, and i really like my sound(except for that damn amp rrrrrrr ill get rid of it soon tough).
one problem tough, the buzz i get from the pickups is really bugging me.
so , i heard bout the single coils that fender makes that do not have a buzz in them(60 cycle something i dont know).so i wondered, if i will replace the stock pickups on my mia strat with Fender vintage noisless, will be the same sound i got with my strat just with no hum, or will it change my strats tone for better/worse?

so, Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, Yay or Nay?

thanks in advance people of UG
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

How well is your guitar shielded?

The noiseless pickups lose a little bit of the bite that single coil fans love, but they are certainly useable pickups.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
um....sheilded?i don know what the hell your talking about lawl explain please
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

The SCNs are better than the regular Vintage Noiseless, but I agree that you lose a bit of traditional single coil bite. I also agree that you should completely shield your guitar. IMO, stock Strat pickups are a bit colorless anyway.

Shielded means the cavity is lined with foil and properly grounded to make your guitar less susceptible to electromagnetic fields. Check out www.guitarnuts.com
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Joey-Tribiani
um....sheilded?i don know what the hell your talking about lawl explain please

KaBlammo!

EDIT: Dirk beat me to it .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.