Playing on my PS3 moments ago, I tried to play a PS1 game (What? The PS1 is a legend console ). Anyway, my PS3 is from Hong Kong, as it is about 1/2 the price there and my grandad has a friend who lives there. Anyway, the disc would not play as there are "reigon restrictions". So I think 'OK, let's try a PS2 game'. And there are the same restrictions. Are there the restrictions on PS3 games????
The Blu-Ray discs are non-region encrypted.

The PS1, PS2 and DVD discs, however, still are.
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
OK, thanks. I was worried any games that I got from the UK would not work on my console. Is there any way to un-encrypt the cd's?

Quote by billythexninja
shoulda got an xbox 360 ......

No. Just no
maybe you should not have been so cheap and gotten a NA ps3 like me
Member of the Seinfeld fan club --pm the_experience to join

I like chicken

My Gear:
Ibanez RG321MH
Ibanez JS100
Jay Turser JT-300
VOX AD50VT
Digitech RP14D
This happens for all foreign technology which is region encrypted. You should have gotten a PS3 here, and researched such things prior to buying.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Red lights only come on and kill your console if you leave it on for days...on a 360.

what do you have against 360s?
OK, aparently there are no compatible Action replay devices with the PS3. But thanks anyway guys, this has helped a lot.
I suppose if you were really tech-savvy, you could install Linux onto your PS3 harddrive, then install a PS1 emulator inside Linux and get access to PS1 games. Idk if theres a stable Ps2 emulator for Linux at this point tho...
You need to update the firmware (to 1.81) before you can play PS1 + 2 games. If you have the internet on your PS3 it should tell you to update. If not you need a router to set it all up.
Guitar: Jackson JS30KV
PSN id : craig_241
Steam
Feel free to add me!