hey everyone.

i've been playing for about a year now on a squier bullet, and i'm looking to upgrade my guitar. i've been thinking about getting a strat, but after trying out a friend of mine's for a few days, i didn't really like it. any suggestions? i play a lot of classic rock and my budget is around $1,000. thanks.
Gibson SG or an Epi LP. Telecaster = evil
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
not sure about the price, but for classic rock i'd say an Epiphone Les Paul Elitist. Actually, i just checked, and you can get one for $1100. If you dont want to shell out the extra money, go for a Gibson LP Studio. What kind of amp do you play on? You can get a decent 400 - 500 dollar guitar and buy a decent small tube amp.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

buy a new amp and guitar. spend 500 on each. the new american strat will sound just as bad as your bullet thru your (presumably) crappy amp you got with your guitar.
Quote by zwound
buy a new amp and guitar. spend 500 on each. the new american strat will sound just as bad as your bullet thru your (presumably) crappy amp you got with your guitar.

+1
Quote by apocalypse13

Quote by Beckerism
I ain't ghetto foo! I's just keeping it real!

Keep it real man.
Click.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
MAN, you can get some awesome stuff for 1000 bucks. Since you played only for a year, i would advise you to look at guitars with a hardtail or string thru bridge like Les Pauls or ESPs or Jacksons < These are my 3 choices. Maybe you wanna try these:

1. Schecter Damien

2. ESP LTD EC 400AT

3. Epiphone Les Paul Custom

Plus, with the money you save, you can get yourself a decent amp and some pedals
id say go for either a les paul studio or sg special, i just got a special and i am extremely pleased with it.
schecter c-1 classic imo, 24 frets string thru, neck thru, what more could you want for under $700? The pickups arent as nice as the finish, but since you've got 300 bucks left, pick up a nice set of seymours.
Last edited by kool98769 at Jun 26, 2007,
Quote by kool98769
schecter c-1 classic imo, 24 frets hardtail, neck thru, what more could you want for under $700? The pickups arent as nice as the finish, but since you've got 300 bucks left, pick up a nice set of seymours.

The Classic comes with SD Jazz/JB.

If you aren't buying a new amp, I'd suggest going to www.Carvin.com and customizing something sexy.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
The Classic comes with SD Jazz/JB.

If you aren't buying a new amp, I'd suggest going to www.Carvin.com and customizing something sexy.

oh weird, my friends came with passive emgs....Lol, he must have modded it
I would try and find a used Eip LP, the new one sound like sh#t. Get a standard and save your money, the only difference is a little binding and gold hardware. Then with what is leftover get a nice tube amp.