I use a Maxon AD-900 Analog Delay, and have for a long time. I LOVE that thing! However, I recently lost the AC adapter for it. After several days without my baby, I resorted to using a different 12V adapter. The pedal worked fine for about a week, but now is very erratic, touchy, and putting out a LOT of hum. I checked the adapter I was using and it was a 12V 300mA adapter; the Maxon owner's guide said a 12V 200mA adapter was to be used. Is the damage in the pedal permanent, or will it go away if I get the proper adapter?
The adapter I am currently using with my Boss pedal is the standard PSA thingy, which puts out over 200mA. The pedal itself uses just 50mA.
So I don't think the pedal would take damage of having an adapater that would give more mA's. I think it'd be worse the other way around, because even though your PSU gives 300 mA, the pedal doesn't use more than 200mA, but I may be mistaken about this matter.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
I don't think it will stay like that but you could always put a battery in to check.
Gear

Custom fender stratocaster
Tokai Love Rock
Gibson ES-335
Vintage Ibanez V
Dillion PRS style

Fender DeVille 4X10
Peavey bravo 112

Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez DCL
Marshall Govnor 2
Little big muff
Boss ds-1
Boss me-50
Crybaby wah
Quote by SinnaSatan
The adapter I am currently using with my Boss pedal is the standard PSA thingy, which puts out over 200mA. The pedal itself uses just 50mA.
So I don't think the pedal would take damage of having an adapater that would give more mA's. I think it'd be worse the other way around, because even though your PSU gives 300 mA, the pedal doesn't use more than 200mA, but I may be mistaken about this matter.

Same here. I have a Boss DD-3 that I use with the PSA adapter, and it can put out more power than the pedal itself needs. If you want to continue using your pedal, buy a new adapter. Since your pedal doesn't take batteries, that's the only way to find out if it's damaged.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Yeah. I'd get a new adapter.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
as long as the adapters mA rating is higher than the pedals it shouldn't cause damage (unless the voltage is different, but thats not a factor here) I use a one amp power supply to power a single pedal sometimes and never have problems, also if you where going to fry the pedal with a mismatched power supply, it likely would have happened the first time you turned the pedal on.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
as long as the adapters mA rating is higher than the pedals it shouldn't cause damage (unless the voltage is different, but thats not a factor here) I use a one amp power supply to power a single pedal sometimes and never have problems, also if you where going to fry the pedal with a mismatched power supply, it likely would have happened the first time you turned the pedal on.

+1
going higher mA on the adapter is ok if it's the same V, there are several multi power adapters that operate with higher current to power a bunch of pedals. I'm using a One Spot adapter with my Maxon OD808 and Xotic AC booster, and they both work fine with it.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
^^ And those 1-Spots are about 1700 mA, are they not?

The mA rating is the amperage that the power supply CAN put out, the total. If your pedal only draws two hundred mA, it's not using up all the power of your power supply, so no problem. It's like if you've got a gallon of water available, but you only drink half a gallon. Is your jug of water going to be damaged because you only took out half of its contents? Nope. Are you going to be damaged because it has more water than you can drink? Nope.
Quote by cokeisbetter
^^ And those 1-Spots are about 1700 mA, are they not?

precisely.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Alrighty, that was a pretty good analogy to tell you the truth. I'm still going to switch adapters though because there must be something else wrong with it because of all the problems...