What size helps build up chops better because i like using around medium sizes like .60 .73 .88 or does it really not matter?
My Gear:

American Fender Strat 60th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Elitist
Mexican Fender Strat
Ibanez RG350DX
Marshall MG250DFX amp

Quote by akm1020
how would u get a tuna in ur ibanez? any fish in any sort of guitar let alone a D tuna sounds bad
Quote by pucci6d6
doesnt matter its just a pick i guess

It really does matter, different sizes and ends do matter a lot.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
i was just wondering because I feel it is easier to play with certain sizes than others
My Gear:

American Fender Strat 60th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Elitist
Mexican Fender Strat
Ibanez RG350DX
Marshall MG250DFX amp

Quote by akm1020
how would u get a tuna in ur ibanez? any fish in any sort of guitar let alone a D tuna sounds bad
just depends what style you play and what you're comfortable with.
for example, i use the thick, pointy jazz III picks cuz i can tremolo pick really fast and thrash like crazy with em.

just whatever you like really.
Quote by godofshred
its personal perference.
i change between jazz III's and stubbys

ya i do like stubbys but i like the jazz IIIs better.
Quote by The_0thersid3
+1 on Jazz IIIs

+2
Especially the stiff ones.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Dunlop Jazz III's

Best picks ever.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I like heavy (1mm) ultex picks, but my friend likes lights. I hold my pick near the point, which makes it easier to pinch a harmonic, and it helps control the pick and keeps it from hanging up.

My friend holds his pick far from the point. A light pick won't hang up, becuase it bends a lot. If I were you, I'd find out where you hold the pick, and choose either light, heavy, or medium for in between.

Mediums are excellent, as well, because they bend just a little, and have a kind of snap on them, where my heavies have a smoother pick action.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
It is easy to pick faster with a heavy gauge pick. I play 2mm ones. I think that's as thick as you can go really - without totally removing the whole point of it. They are great to play with but can be a bit uncomfortable to hold in certain situations. Pointy plecs are better too. More accurate and theres more definition in playing.

It DOES matter what plecs you use. Saying that it doesn't is a nooby mistake.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08