Sorry if there is already a thread about this, searching has returned no results for me.

I've been told to look at them and Im really interested as it is cheaper than an a pedal rig and hopefully alot easier to use.

But I've had a look on the website, read some reviews etc. and I still dont really get it.

How do you use it? where does it go? Does it affect your amps tone?

Can anyone help me out?
it's all fx, no modeling or preamp features. It's probably one of the best lower priced rack fx units however. You use some kind of midi controller, either the Gminor, or any midi floorboard controller that can send a signal. You usually use it on your amp's fx loop. It has options on how much it affects your tone, since you can run it serial in the loop, meaning all the signal passes thru the fx circuit, or parallel, so it can run a clean signal in parallel with the wet signal. Another great feature of the GMajor is the 1/4" switching jack. You can use this to change channels on your amp if it has 1/4" connections for channel switching. This would allow it to change fx patches and channels at the same time with one button/stomp.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I just picked up a used unit, so here are my thoughts.

Like Erock said, it's a rack multi-fx unit. It's best placed in the effects loop, but you can place it before your preamp. Just won't sound as good.

There are a lot of options and parameters to go through, so while TC doesn't offer a PC (Mac) editor, there are free programs available online that allow you to connect the unit by MIDI and edit the parameters. Hell of a lot easier than using the buttons and wheels.

Since it is a cheaper unit, it does affect your tone a little, but I think you have to be pretty picky about it. One area that bothers me a little is that I feel the buttons and wheels are a little cheap. You can read the all the wheel break down stories online. Easy to fix yourself (IMO) but still shouldn't have to be done.

You'll want to buy a foot controller for it. Cheap ones will work, but as always, you get what you pay for.

Right now, my used unit came with a broken LED, so I'm just going to replace all of them with blue lights. Just waiting for my LED shipment to come in.
Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany
Traynor YCV50Blue
Fulltone OCD v3
Korg DTR-2000 > TC Electronic G-Major
Ground Control Pro

Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass
Fender BXR-100
thanks man also very helpful opinions on it
what other foot controllers are there that will work with it?
One of the best price/performance controllers would be the Ground Control Pro which runs $400 new. You can find the original GC used for around $100 if you're on a budget. Behringer also makes a cost effective controller, but the GCPro is the lowest I'll go. I really want an Axess FX1 but at $900(!!!), that's just not in the picture.

Racks can get VERY expensive. Right now I only have the GMajor, but with all the other stuff I'm planning, it's going to be another $1500-2000 or so after all is said and done. Ouch...
Traynor YCV50Blue
Fulltone OCD v3
Ground Control Pro

Fender BXR-100
Last edited by ForeverUnknown at Jun 26, 2007,
Probably bad tone, but there's a limit to what I'll spend on musical equipment. I'm also a photographer so A LOT of my money also goes into that. Expensive hobbies.

I bought the GMajor because I was able to get it for a good price otherwise I was going to wait and get a better unit. Don't get me wrong. It's a very nice unit especially to begin with. I'll still probably sell off the GMajor down the road, and since I bought used, I won't lose as much money which is always nice.
Traynor YCV50Blue
Fulltone OCD v3
Ground Control Pro

Fender BXR-100
ive been doing lots of research about this and ive decided to go for it seen is its 250 from thomann i just need to know about foot controllers for it.

anyone got any suggestions?