Im looking to buy a Jackson SL3 Soloist, but first i need opinions about the Floyd Rose.

I have heard that the Floyd Rose can be annoying and makes you want to throw your guitar away. However i have also heard that Floyd Rose's are good and are no problem.

I am looking for advice, i have never used a floyd rose before and i just wnat your genral opinions on the matter.
]
8: Thou shalt not buy a guitar with a cheap, crap double locking tremolo.

They are more bother than they?re worth. They?re made of crap soft metal, they won?t hold tune and they won?t sustain as well. You MAY get lucky, but it?s not worth the risk. Either fork out for a good trem (Original Floyd Rose, Floyd Rose Pro, Floyd Rose Speedloader, Schaller, Gotoh, Kahler or Ibanez Edge (NOT Edge III), Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge, Ibanez Edge Pro (NOT Edge Pro II), or Ibanez ZR, and a lot of expensive guitar brands? own brand of trem (e.g. Vigier) - if it?s not one of these, assume it?s crap, unless proven otherwise), or go with a hardtail or non-locking trem. Also, a lot of the decent trems are a different size to the crap ones (even the studs can be a different size, if the whole trem is the same size) so it?s frequently not just a matter of buying a better trem when your crap one breaks. Most guitar companies are incredibly scabby- they?re TRYING to make it hard to upgrade, so you have to buy a whole new guitar from them.

I don't know the Jackson models, but check if it has a Liscensed or Original floyd rose. Take that into influence when you buy it.
^^ far as i know the sl3 (as long as it's a 2006 or later) has an OFR. so that should be fine.

basically, floyds are awesome if you're going to use them, not so awesome if you aren't.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Personally Ive got a cheap ass Floyd Rose on mine. And it is hell. Its a pain to re-string, and a pain to tune. I feel that it isnt very reliable and could snap a string or settle in the wrong place so it is out of tune constantly. Because of this I have taken the wammy bar off.

My next guitar wont have a Floyd Rose because of this. Others maybe (and probably will be) better. I tend not to use it for anything other than playing around with dive bombing and whammy harmonics. Cool but personally I can live without that.
Gear:
Ibanez SA260FM
Ibanez AWD83
Boss GT8
Boss RC20-XL
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
^ yeah, that's just what happens when you have a cheap floyd. you still may not like any floyd- but the things you complained about most would be, IMO, sorted with an OFR or quality copy (schaller/gotoh/ibanez edge, lo-pro edge or edge pro).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Cheers for the comments dudes.

What does a doubl locking tremolo meen? As I don't know much about them, also any suggestions of guitars with a good Floyd Rose. I probably will use it quite often just need to get used to using one.
]
^ just means the strings are locked at the nut and at the bridge with clamps.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?