so i graduated im aloud a new amp..
i have a valveking which im not into really..
i originally was focused on a Peavey 5150 212... however do to my genres of music always changing.. imalways playing diffrent music..
5150 isnt the best amp for lets say Jam or blues.. or classic rock..
i have about 800ish to spend..
id prefer tube but if theres a better solid state im down..
I just need something to range from Death Metal to Jam to Blues and everything in between..
Thanks..
^ Wow, that's incredibly stupid. Why get an amp that doesn't do what you want and then layer some artificial distortion on top of that? Grah.
traynor ycv blue and overdrive?

mesa f series (maybe you'll get a good deal as they're discontinued)?

EDIT: a kustom coupe might be worth a look too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 26, 2007,
ill check into the mesa.. ive heard traynors are farely good.. kustom.. hmm ive heard they wernt that great? but ill look into it
thanks
Quote by cokeisbetter
^ Wow, that's incredibly stupid. Why get an amp that doesn't do what you want and then layer some artificial distortion on top of that? Grah.

Tubescreamers are REALLY artificial. I mean, there's NO way a cranked plexi with a tubescreamer driving the front end would sound heavy and incredibly awesome right? Thanks for setting me straight Cokeisbetter. You OOZE genius.
^ I didn't say it wouldn't sound good, it just (in my opinion) seems pretty pointless to buy an amp that doesn't do what you want, and then use pedals to get to the tone you do want.
Quote by cokeisbetter
^ I didn't say it wouldn't sound good, it just (in my opinion) seems pretty pointless to buy an amp that doesn't do what you want, and then use pedals to get to the tone you do want.

So it would be pointless to get an amp that doesn't have delay and to buy a pedal that gives you delay? I think you need to sit down and have a breather, maybe a COKE too.
i just dont wnana buy a mad expenisive amp.. then buy an overdrive and not acheive the tones i need..
and id prefer a combo everyone...
ahh... how much are you looking to spend? and which have you tried?
Quote by Ngawtfizjuice
So it would be pointless to get an amp that doesn't have delay and to buy a pedal that gives you delay? I think you need to sit down and have a breather, maybe a COKE too.

hm, delay vs tone... totally comparable.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by kashmirianvoodo
ill check into the mesa.. ive heard traynors are farely good.. kustom.. hmm ive heard they wernt that great? but ill look into it
thanks

the cheaper kustoms maybe aren't that great, but that one i mentioned is very nice.

Quote by Ngawtfizjuice

that's not what he meant, and you know that. you're just arguing for the sake of argument.

a cranked amp will sound awesome with a tubescreamer in front, but it won't turn a fender twin into a 5150. if you have something close to the amount of gain and tone you're after, boosting can help, but i'm not sure it makes sense to try to persuade something to do what's really not suited to it.

i'm not sure i'd pick a plexi for death metal, boosted or not.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by kashmirianvoodo
i just dont wnana buy a mad expenisive amp.. then buy an overdrive and not acheive the tones i need..
and id prefer a combo everyone...

those ones i suggested are all available in combo versions.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
the cheaper kustoms maybe aren't that great, but that one i mentioned is very nice.

that's not what he meant, and you know that. you're just arguing for the sake of argument.

a cranked amp will sound awesome with a tubescreamer in front, but it won't turn a fender twin into a 5150. if you have something close to the amount of gain and tone you're after, boosting can help, but i'm not sure it makes sense to try to persuade something to do what's really not suited to it.

i'm not sure i'd pick a plexi for death metal, boosted or not.

If everybody thought like you. We'd all listen to the same music and walk around in the same clothes with stupid crewcuts.
Since he seems like he's the kind of guy that was trying to do something DIFFERENT with his music, I was just suggesting him an alternative that might work for him. But by all means, march along with the rest of the sheep.
Quote by Ngawtfizjuice
If everybody thought like you. We'd all listen to the same music and walk around in the same clothes with stupid crewcuts.
Since he seems like he's the kind of guy that was trying to do something DIFFERENT with his music, I was just suggesting him an alternative that might work for him. But by all means, march along with the rest of the sheep.

he (and you) can do what he likes. I'm just giving my opinion on the matter.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I know it's far out of your price range, but a Mesa Stileto can get all the tones you metioned. I got mine for $1000 USD used, but it was practically a steal at that price. However, you should definately look into those.
Quote by Kurapica
I once used an SG on stage. I killed three people in the front row and I was only tuning up. It's THAT powerful.

Quote by aeliustehman
I've never seen Metallica use a wah pedal lol.

Quote by BWall1226
does putting stickers on a guitar make someone a poser cause im doing the same thing.
It seems like Ngawtfizjuice is trying to get himself banned or something, I saw him being a total douche in another thread today. Jerk.
I don't play DEATH metal, but I do play Pantera-like stuff, and it can definately nail those tones on its own. I use a DS-1 (a very underrated pedal) on the clean channel though for heavey tones. I also play stuff like the blues, classic rock, classical, and (rarely) even jazz. It will get soft tones for sure. Just make sure you try it out first. BTW my Stileto is a head, but there is a Stileto Ace which is a combo. I tried out both and I felt that the head had a much fuller tone.
Quote by Kurapica
I once used an SG on stage. I killed three people in the front row and I was only tuning up. It's THAT powerful.

Quote by aeliustehman

Quote by BWall1226
does putting stickers on a guitar make someone a poser cause im doing the same thing.
i'd have said the stiletto would do best for the "in-between" death metal and blues tones.

it is a nice amp, kinda mesa's take on a hot-rodded marshall, with a slightly darker/more modern/more mesa tone.

worth a try if you can find one close to your budget, definitely.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Post when you get a chance to try it. I'm interested in how well it'll do death metal.

^I like it even more than Marshall amps. I had a choice between it and a JCM-800, and I felt that the Marshall had a thinner, more generic tone and the Stileto had a nice "RRRAAAWWWRRR!" to it.
Quote by Kurapica

Quote by aeliustehman

Quote by BWall1226