alright this is very bach influenced classical piece. Tell me what you think, what i can improve on etc, then leave a link of you piece (for crit)

as always this isn't done yet since i just got the idea

EDIT: updated. new part
Attachments:
Classical Piece.zip
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Last edited by Csquared1001 at Jun 28, 2007,
pretty damn good if you ask me. can you play it up to speed? I imported it into PowerTab, and there's a load of string skipping in its interpretation at least.

edit: but yeah, the ending sounds unfinished.
Quote by blue_strat
pretty damn good if you ask me. can you play it up to speed? I imported it into PowerTab, and there's a load of string skipping in its interpretation at least.

edit: but yeah, the ending sounds unfinished.

that's because there is no ending yet. and it's hard to play. I put it into GP and just started learning it. In a sense i'm learning my own piece since i lack the classical guitar technique mastery so i couldn't transfer the theme without losing the idea. hardest part:
sliding up to tenth fret and back it a fraction of a second. (btw it's fingerpicking)
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Last edited by Csquared1001 at Jun 26, 2007,
Pretty good piece for being unfinished and short. I suggest putting a little more into it, like someone else mentioned, making it into a full orchestra piece. Other than that, i like.

Crit mine? top one in sig, preferably.
Thanks for the crit!

Anyway, I quite like your piece on the whole. I think you may need a tad more melody, although it is composed in the baroque style... You're quite good at developing your ideas and you've used repetition quite well. You could maybe use the 4th (Cmin) a little more in your progression. Experiment with a couple of modulations and maybe a circle of fifths could be quite effective (if a little cheesy).

I don't know that it has quite enough body to be turned into an orchestral piece... Although you could maybe augment it with some strings and maybe a harpsichord part.

Also, if you have the time, I'd apprectiate some feedback on https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=616492
Thanks
Pretty sweet. I like the way you expanded the motifs of this work; very effective. It also manages to hold one's interest, though it could definitely be spiced up with some modulation or some more interesting uses of harmony. Good compositional work, though. Too bad the sound quality's so bland. =(

Crit for crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=616625
Yeah...it sounds classical. I like the harmony a lot too with both guitars (not to say the melody which is incredible )......I still don't know how to do classicla stuff
What I suggest is maybe add a piano melody on top of it (in another section if you want). Or make an entire opera or symphony if you want , although this piece doesn't seem like one of those type of stuff.......you should mark the melody more......like having one guitar playing the melody and another one playing the rest (or two if it gets hard)....
Well,.......everything is nearly perfect...maybe you could change one of the chords at 0:38 to make it sound better, but other than that good job

Wanna crit one of mine? (in my sig....one of the last 2 if you can....well, or any from the last 7 if you want to choose )
^ I'm pretty sure this was meant to be played as a solo guitar piece.