I searched, didn't find any relevant threads, so I'll ask it here.

My strings on my guitars rust like crazy. After about three hours of playing upon replacing my strings, they're completely rusted, and I really can't play because it's like fingernails on a chalkboard.

My girlfriend had her Telecaster for 6 months without replacing the stock strings, yet I played for no more than five minutes on it (not even that long), and she had to replace the high E and B strings.

I have used most strings... the Elixir Polyweb/Nanoweb ones included, and they all give the same results. I of course clean my hands before playing, so what do you advise I do?
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
Last edited by TeenBite at Jun 26, 2007,
thats weird, and it happens to the guitars you touch, thats crazy, i'd say something to do with your hands being greasy, but it couldn't be that serious
I'm no doctor, but perhaps there is an abnormally high amount of salt in your sweat, causing the strings to rust more quickly. Maybe cut down on the salty foods, but I don't really know, that's just a half assed guess that I don't really think is all that plausible.
*Insert smartass comment here because I don't know how to help you*

Weird.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Clean your hands before playing.
Don't play with wet hands. If they sweat a lot, keep a towel around.
Wipe your strings with a clean dry cloth when you're done playing.
Keep your guitar in a temperature controlled environment (not to hot/cold/dry/wet).

Use quality strings.

You can coat your strings with that slippery stuff that reduces squeaks. I think it's called Dunlop Superglide. There are probably more kinds out there. It should help prevent corrosion, but it's pretty slick.
Right. I guess sweat is a problem, I do have fairly sweaty hands, but I don't eat excessive amounts of salt (my family is vegetarian and I never have takeaway food). I will go see a doctor about botox I guess. Thanks.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
Quote by TeenBite
Right. I guess sweat is a problem, I do have fairly sweaty hands, but I don't eat excessive amounts of salt (my family is vegetarian and I never have takeaway food). I will go see a doctor about botox I guess. Thanks.

Dude, don't do the botox. Ask about Drysol. It might help.