Yo emo lovers,

I was at the Vanguard of the emo music revolution of the 2000's and was right into it, listening to such albums as Taking Back Sunday's "Tell All Your Friends," Thursday's "Full Collapse," and Brand New's "Your Favourite Weapon."

In the past few years I've been listening to more progressive music to hone my guitar skills, and have been away from the emo scene for a while.

Brand New was my favourite band of the time, because Deja Entendu rocked your underwear off, and needless to say, I picked up The Devil and God right when it came out, and I've fell in love again.

Anyways, the bottom line is that I want to get some more emo music in my playlists, so I'm looking for a compact (3-5 bands) list of today's best emo bands. And I don't mean Fall Out Boy and Panic At the Disco. I'm looking for some real talent, preferably with some distortion, but if they're just too good that they can't be ignored, I'll have some acoustic stuff as well.

Thanks to anyone that helps out.
Circa Survive
Saosin
The Sound Of Animals Fighting
Minus The Bear
mewithoutYou
Say Anything

Not emo as such, but similarish.

EDIT: Do you mean like pop-punk like Taking Back Sunday, or post-hardcore like Thursday...or somewhere in between?

I could make more recommendations, but I dunno what you're looking for exactly, so just put stuff that's pretty mainstream.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Dashboard confessional. Hey Kevinm 117, i like emo and rock. people dont just listen to one genre. No need to critique peoples taste in music.
And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
madina lake - friggin awesome
also saosin, senses fail
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
i'd check this thread out. you can go to most of their purevolumes and listen to a couple of songs to see which you like and such.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112989&page=1
the ones with the stars are my suggestions though there's a lot of bands i'd now put them on.

your best bet might be boys night out, saosin, circa survive, hot cross, northstar, etc..
Your list beats mine on sheer volume.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

Yeah, I looked at that, but I didn't know where to start, so that's why I made this thread. They're all just random names to me. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.
Before Their Eyes, Dance Gavin Dance, Take the Crown, real good music, kinda emocore ish...
You could also look in the Emo Essentials thread that's stickied, that has some decent stuff.

Quote by ETHANEVIL

Argh.
Heart..clenching..this..thread..hurts..

I'd say check out Trophy Scars..
Thrice even..
Taking Back Sunday = Sensitive Hardcore
Listen to Say Anything. Do it. Good guitar work, catchy songs, and great lyrics.
Quote by dp3co
Why would you ever get back into emo???

How original.

Anyways:

Minus the Bear
Jimmy Eat World
The Get Up Kids
The Early November

Those kind of bands are the most similiar to what you're asking.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Nice one.

How bout In/Humanity?
You'll love these guys.
Taking Back Sunday = Sensitive Hardcore
Quote by cedaguol
from first to last

*head explodes*
no.
alright band, not emo.

Get up Kids are one of my fave bands, i be you'll love them.
Promise ring
Pedro The Lion. <<<even one of my non-emo friends loves Pedro The Lion
Texas Is The Reason
Circa Survive.

That's pretty much it.

Most of the scene's good bands have broken up. The Get Up Kids, The Promise Ring, The Movielife and so on.

But You'll definitely like Circa. Try Say Anything too.
Quote by the_astronaut

Circa Survive
Saosin
The Sound Of Animals Fighting
Minus The Bear
mewithoutYou
Say Anything

I would take our Saosin and Say Anything and add Bear Vs. Shark and Pedro The Lion. Those might not fit the mold quite as well but it's a dope list.
Quote by waldorphPRS41
I would take our Saosin and Say Anything and add Bear Vs. Shark and Pedro The Lion. Those might not fit the mold quite as well but it's a dope list.

Hey! You'd take out old Saosin?

Quote by ETHANEVIL