have you heard of natural picks?
please tell me if they worth the price cause a friend tell than these picks are made from wood stone and bones(strange isnt it?) and they are 4 to 20 dollars each
and any information will be usefull
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
I've never heard of them existing, but unless you break a lot of picks, I don't think it would economical at all. And if you do break a lot of picks, stop picking so damn hard.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
I've never heard of them existing, but unless you break a lot of picks, I don't think it would economical at all. And if you do break a lot of picks, stop picking so damn hard.

usually my pick last like 1 year at least (exept when i lost them)
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Yeah, I have a 2 mm I've used for about 6 months, along with a 1,5 a little. NAtural picks sound interesting, almost like the old-school tortoise ones :-)
Quote by JC13
I say screw wasting your money, you know how easy you lose picks right? The same would be for those too, but instead of losing 30 cents, you lose 20 dollars.

If I had a 20 dollar pick, I'd make a little extra effort to make sure I didn't lost it.

I have had about 9 $5 picks for about 6 months and I haven't lost of any them.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
It might give your sound a little edge - but seems a bit wasteful money wise.

I don't understand how you can break plecs - not by just playing anyway.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Maybe if you play a high guage accoustic with a flimsy 0,5 mm, and play a lot of fast chording? I've never had a pick break on me.
^ I tend to find medium plectrums break the easiest. Really thin ones don't break they just bend (why they are great for acoustics) and thick ones just wear away. Medium ones can be brittle though.

The reason some people have those plectrums is because they think they give a tonal advantage, although minimal. It's the sort of thing you'd leave in the studio to use rather than use all the time.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
yeah, okay. I'm just curious as to what materials are the "top tonal quality" kind, and where you'd buy picks of the materials.

I'm sure in daily use, almost nothing will beat a plastic pick durability-wise, unless it's a metal pick or some kind of crystal 0.o But trying a oak pick or something would be fun. There must be some kind of different ton.
Apparently bone ones are good.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Aight, wonder what kinds of bones they use.. >.> Seriously, cow? Cat? If so, I have a brilliant idea.. <.<
if you can find the turtle shell verity they are worth it, they really play nicely, good attack and feel to them
Quote by Harwood
Aight, wonder what kinds of bones they use.. >.> Seriously, cow? Cat? If so, I have a brilliant idea.. <.<

i've seen picks made of elk horn, but i don't know if it will make that much of a difference while playing.
i know someone that makes them out of elk horn too
they're usually pretty thick so if you like thick picks you would probably like them
im not sure if they're worth it though
GEAR:
Guitar: Not worth mentioning
Amp: Fender G-DEC
Effects: DOD FX20C Stereo Phaser
at my music store they give away picks for free. only the ones that have the stores name and phone number one them cause it's like advertising. but free picks, I think thats sweet.

and for the natural picks, i wouldn't even think about getting any
i would try them, i've gone through about 15 picks in a 2/3 months of light playing cause my fender heavies get worn down on the sides and no longer have the sound i want
i saw a site called surfpick selling these nice wood picks for 15-20 bucks. they come in nifty little cases so they are harder to lose. i was thinking of ordering one just to see how it is. i like jazz iiis but they are a bit slippery and dont last that long. i start getting rough edges after playing a while and its not that good for the strings and tone. still, its hard to think of spending more than $5 on a single pick but if the wood ones work extrememly well it might be worth it. im just too skeptical to pay to find out. the last time i experimented with a pick i got a 6 pack of jazz iii xls and i fricken hated them.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
I heard the wood/bone/stone ones are mostly only used for acoustic recording. They supposedly make make the tone warmer and such, but I've never used any.
Signatures are overrated.
I bought a pick a few weeks ago made of agate - definitely not cheap ($50AU), but it sounds pretty damn nice on my acoustic. It's also got a lifetime warranty if it cracks, chips or is damaged in any way, so as long as I don't lose it, it should last me a long time.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by Harwood

They made the Pick Of Destiny from Satans horns dude ! Maybe its the Bones of satan!! and who ever posses it , can play the best metal in the WORLD!!!!!!!!!!

naa lets be honest , is it really worth it ? NO its not . im happy with my Dunlops .88mm , they nice enough . and yeah , they do wear down but hell ! , they dont break into to two pieces or bend .
Gibson SG spesial

Marshall 1987X MKII Head
Genz Benz El diablo 100 Head
Genz Benz Gflex 212 cab.

Korg AX1500G multi effects pedal
Those picks are just..meh
Really..they are just..money burners..

If you're playing electric, don't bother.
If you are a playing acoustic though, they make a difference, but I don't think it's worth it.
I'm gonna look at those surfpicks, that sounds interesting. Bone and stone picks sound pretty weird, bone less so, but still.. But wood kind of makes sense to me. Could be cool, as long as they're durable.
I break my picks all the time, but I use Red .50 mm Everly Stars .

It usually happens when I'm rocking out acoustically.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
the tortoise shell ones are still the best, but they outlawed them because you have to kill a turtle, which is another reason why its a bad idea when hippies get into an elected office...

of course, if you know where to look you can find them
if you break picks, buy a dunlop nylon pick. they never break
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Johnny2Hats
"natural" picks make your tone 0.000001% better. oh wow i gotta buy me some!!

I'm positive you haven't even looked into them, much less tried them... There is a tonal difference between fingerpicking and using a plectrum, definately, so why wouldn't there be a difference between quality woods and synthetic plastics? Try using a quarter to play instead of a pick, you'll hear a difference..
Quote by Johnny2Hats
"natural" picks make your tone 0.000001% better. oh wow i gotta buy me some!!

I bet you buy guitar picks to fingerpick.

Quote by Harwood

what's your "brilliant" idea
GEAR:
Guitar: Not worth mentioning
Amp: Fender G-DEC
Effects: DOD FX20C Stereo Phaser
Natural picks?

How 'bout METEORITE picks? lol:
http://starmediagroup.web.aplus.net/wwwmeteoriteguitarpickscom/index.html

(btw I wouldn't waste my money; a 12 pack of Dunlop Tortex .88s has done me fine for a year and a half)
Please, call me Chase.

Quote by GeneralGrim
You live up to your name, sir. Well done.

Gear

Lefty MIM Strat
Traynor YCS50 :
Larrivee D-03R
Dunlop 95Q Wah
BYOC Fuzz
Fulltone OCD
Vintage Volume Pedal

I witnessed Night of the Pear 2
I have this pick made out of this quarts type stuff. It's pretty sweet, but I'm almost afraid to play with it.