I've had my Squire Strat for awhile, and although I have a long list of complaints on it, it will do fine for my single coil RHCP type stuff, but I'm looking into a new guitar for some heavier harder rock. The heaviest I get is Megadeth and Older Metallica. I also love Alter Bridge, but my skills cant touch Tremmonti and I can't afford a PRS.

I was looking at the Jackson Kelley KE3. Suggestions and comments would be greatly appreciated.
Jackson Soloist SL-3
Squire Strat
Crate XT120R
Marshall JH-1 Jackhammer
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Metalocalypse54
I've had my Squire Strat for awhile, and although I have a long list of complaints on it, it will do fine for my single coil RHCP type stuff, but I'm looking into a new guitar for some heavier harder rock. The heaviest I get is Megadeth and Older Metallica. I also love Alter Bridge, but my skills cant touch Tremmonti and I can't afford a PRS.

I was looking at the Jackson Kelley KE3. Suggestions and comments would be greatly appreciated.

I have a KE-3.

It's really comfortable to play it and it does sound good.

The only problem I came across it was the strap button.

It only has a volume knob. Yes, it does keep in tune.
ya i had one they are nice for the money(paid 350 us), but the first thing i would do is change the electronics. The volume pot went out.
^ I know allot of people freak when a guitar doesn't have an original Floyd Rose trem, but your saying you haven't had a problem. Also, how versatile would you say it is?
Jackson Soloist SL-3
Squire Strat
Crate XT120R
Marshall JH-1 Jackhammer
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Metalocalypse54
^ I know allot of people freak when a guitar doesn't have an original Floyd Rose trem, but your saying you haven't had a problem. Also, how versatile would you say it is?

Well, I had Seymour Duncan SH-8 for both bridge and neck as a stock pickup. I'd say it's pretty versatile, but it's obviously best for metal though. And it's easy to access higher frets because of the shape. Just watch out everytime you move, it might bump to walls or objects.