I am looking for something that can give me a Nirvana sound, around 300 dollars. I don't want it to be a Fender(Long story). Anyways it needs to have good cleans too. I am looking for it to be in the 300 USD price range.

Would the Epiphone G-400 do?
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
The G400 will do great.

Although the guitar by itself isn't just gonna nail a Nirvana tone, it depends what amp/distortion you use.
look at the agile guitars at rondomusic.com
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
what do you have against fenders? theyre amazing, IMO. plus they are great for nirvana considering thats what kurt used next to his mosrites
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
what do you have against fenders? theyre amazing, IMO. plus they are great for nirvana considering thats what kurt used next to his mosrites

My friend owns a Fender, and I have cracked some jokes, also.. I don't want my band to just be full of Fenders. I will get endless **** thrown at me, from all those jokes to my friend :P Plus the cheapest MIM is 400. Plus, it's signature twangy style, is not my taste. I played my friends, I would gladly make a FUTURE purchase, but not now.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
Last edited by Funcoot at Jun 26, 2007,
Plus, it's signature twangy style, is not my taste.

Yeah, I was never a huge fan of the twang you get out of em' either.
Quote by Funcoot
My friend owns a Fender, and I have cracked some jokes, also.. I don't want my band to just be full of Fenders. I will get endless **** thrown at me, from all those jokes to my friend :P Plus the cheapest MIM is 400. Plus, it's signature twangy style, is not my taste. I played my friends, I would gladly make a FUTURE purchase, but not now.

why were you making fun of fender? whatever... ummm to me, single coils=the best clean sound possibly achievable so i honestly recommend a fender with a boss ds1 cause pretty much ANY guitar with a boss ds1 would pass for nirvana. its the cleans you gotta work for.

Edit: but yeah if you wanna buy new.... your not gonna get a new fender for $300 so go with your epi... itd work
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
well if it werent for the budget and no fender thing, id say a fender mustang. seein how he played one. but go with an epiphone or something.
My Gear:
1969 Fender Mustang Reissue
Fender DG-5 Acoustic
Washburn House of Blues
Fender Blues Junior
ProCo Rat Distortion
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
^Get a used MIM strat (Ebay, you can take a risk. Buy from a trusted person). They run for about 250 stock. Spend the extra 50 bucks on a hotrails in the bridge. That's the setup that kurt used for some of his strats. I have that setup and it absolutely nails his tone. You can go for a mustang too, that'll work. I've never been a fan of 2 humbucker guitars. Single coils are the best for cleans, no questions asked.

I don't know the story behind why you don't want a fender, I guess pick up an agile on rondomusic.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Jun 26, 2007,