I've heard people say it before, but I didn't really realize the extent until my friend sent me 'black parade'. Try making this comparison.

Yesterday - the beatles
DEAD - mcr

the only difference is the vocals, and no solos thrown in by the beatles. Apart from that, I thought I was listening to a damn cover.

I heard a few other similarities between the 2 albums, but I was too lazy to listen to them again and write them down, that one just comes to my mind right away.
Uh, I've listened to Yesterday dozens of times, and I've listened to Dead two or three times, and I've not noticed any similarity. I really doubt it was intentional. MCR has no problem coming up with decent vocal melodies and music.
dude... eveyone steals from the beatles! why should anyone care if some sh*tty emo band does as well......?
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Stratocaster
Taylor 210 Dreadnought Acoustic
Bogner Alchemist 40w 212 Tube combo
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Korg Pitch Black
Let's point out MCR, but not Oasis

To all of you saying "MCR sux lolz", go die. I'm tired of hearing it. They are just as good as Led Zeppelin or whatever other bands you listen to. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they are automatically shit.

EDIT: I just listened to that song, and they sound nothing alike. At all.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Last edited by Black Star at Jun 27, 2007,
Hahaha man they hardly sound the same at all. Are you serious man? Get a ****ing clue man
Dude, what the fuck? I'm listening to Dead right now, and it sounds nothing like Yesterday. Better musicianship, equally-cheesy lyrics. Not sure what you're on about.
Last edited by yawn at Jun 27, 2007,
Quote by zuckuss00
dude... eveyone steals from the beatles! why should anyone care if some sh*tty emo band does as well......?

****ty emo band?

**** you.

everyone steals from the beatles... all of rock and roll is basically a couple variations of what the beatles were...
dude, i just listened to that MCR song, and it sounds nothing like yesterday.

please explain to me how they sound the same.
Quote by Black Star
Let's point out MCR, but not Oasis

To all of you saying "MCR sux lolz", go die. I'm tired of hearing it. They are just as good as Led Zeppelin or whatever other bands you listen to. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they are automatically shit.

EDIT: I just listened to that song, and they sound nothing alike. At all.

I Agree with this. Even though I don't listen to MCR, that doesnt mean that they suck. To you they might, but dont go pointing it around to everyone who listens to them. I have this kid at my school who hasnt even heard half of the bands that I wear on my shirts but yet he still makes fun of me bacause they "suck" Get over it.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
i have not listend to Dead by MCR

but i am a conformist

THEY DONT SOUND THE SAME
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
Quote by xburnitdownx
beatles *yawn*
MCR *yawwn*

wake me when there is something worth talking about.
Yawn is worth talking about.
I'm reporting this thread because it's turning into a flame fest.

*reported*
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
****ty emo band?

**** you.

everyone steals from the beatles... all of rock and roll is basically a couple variations of what the beatles were...

oh im so sorry!!! please ignore my criticism and continue to wear you sisters make up and slash your wrists.... ***
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Stratocaster
Taylor 210 Dreadnought Acoustic
Bogner Alchemist 40w 212 Tube combo
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Korg Pitch Black
i still dont see how MCR is emo and not poprock, they sound nothing like rites of spring or the promis ring
Quote by zuckuss00
oh im so sorry!!! please ignore my criticism and continue to wear you sisters make up and slash your wrists.... ***

zuckus,just becaue one listens to a certain type of musci does not mean they must conform to the stereotype,for all you know he could be some black gangbanger who deals crack in the bronx
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club