Thought I'd see what you guys think of some music I've been working on.
please excuse my horrible singing, the two versions of "space" are different in that the first one is lower vocals, and the second the vocals are bumped up. I record on an ok computer with audacity through the line in jack, coming out of my line 6 spider 2, coming from my ibanez rg170b

http://www.purevolume.com/mathewlaramie

critique any song(s) you'd like, c4c of course.

Thanks.
Last edited by dragonlink2 at Jun 27, 2007,
sounds bah-dass I'd have to say that the untitled #1 is something i'd want to listen if I'm drivin' down a rainy road. but the vocals aren't as bad as you think they are, though maybe with some training you could improve on them. I recommend that you grab the Musicians Insitute vocal technique book and work on that and your vibratos. but good stuff though.
My Gear:
epiphone les paul cusom, Limited edition. evo dimarzio pick ups
Parker P-38
epiphone hummingbird
line 6 flextone
crate vtx 120

head full of ideas.
Thanks for the advice. I love singing I just need more time to practice, I'll look into that book though. I need to rerecord that untitled song haha, it was basically a rough idea I had over 2 years ago. I should have some more songs up in the following weeks.
you don't say? then add me as your friend and keep me posted, though my personal style may or may not be your cup of tea but i do like your stuff nonetheless

www.purevolume.com/naturaltheory
My Gear:
Parker P-38
epiphone hummingbird
line 6 flextone
crate vtx 120

head full of ideas.
done and done. hey and don't get me wrong, some of my favorite bands are tool and between the buried and me, so I love heavy stuff too haha.
rock on.
My Gear:
Parker P-38
epiphone hummingbird
line 6 flextone
crate vtx 120

head full of ideas.
Listening to Space.

The vocals are pretty muffled with the effects on it in the beginning...I'd turn the bass down a little i think that might help. Definitely getting the spacey feel though!

I like all the guitar parts very much, and the ambient stuff going on in the background.
i'm listening to space revised. the vocals are still pretty quiet but they sound pretty good. i think the whispering is cool, and i wouldn't change that, but just pump up the volume even more so you can here it better. the rhythm guitar part is really nice and atmospheric. i was a little disappointed by the lead guitar that came in at 1:50 - it was a little boring and the tone was too tinny for my taste. same thing with the power chords that came in around 2:50 - still too tinny. But I thought that part was really cool anyway and a nice change of pace. Overall good job i liked it.

Crit mine? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614545