I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the Select SEHG pickups? Are they any good or just another you-get-what-you-pay-for pickup? I figure they're made by EMG so they might be good but I gotta know before I make a decision.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
"made by (insert big brand name)" gear is always just to get your money.

and pickups shouldn't be worried about. a better amp will drastically change your sound. taking that you're not completely satisfied with your tone.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
First off, awesome choice in guitar, I just bought a Washburn WG-587V off a buddy today for $100 and it rocks. Secondly, Select by EMG pickups aren't actually made by EMG. They're just like the Duncan Designed pickups. They are made using the same plans as EMGs, but usually with lesser quality materials. The passive ones ESP makes(ESP EMGs) are spot on, but I've never tried the Select by EMG ones. Plus I don't really get the point of the whole passive EMG thing. For the same money you can get better passive pickups.
Signatures are overrated.
Well I need some pickups for my project and I just want to know if these are any good. It can split the coil and supposedly has no hum for $50 so I figured it might be worth it.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
in this price range, GFS owns all.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
in this price range, GFS owns all.

+1. Since you're looking at EMG kind of output, look for a GFS Crusader.
Fender Lite Ash Tele/Hamer SATF<--Korg DT-10<Zvex Super Hard On<Digitech Bad Monkey<MI Audio Crunchbox<Pro Co "Keeley" Rat<Line 6 M13<<--Marshall JTM60 1x12 Combo
I was looking into getting some aswell but I saw them way cheaper then $50 on stewmac.com.

i think they were like $30.