Page 1 of 2
Yeah, I got fired from BK, here's the story (if you want to read it)
Oh, to all of you who say "you're just whining," It's true. The reason it's so detailed is b/c I originally put it in my mypace blog. Here it is:
Burger King
Current mood: blah

So I've been working @ BK for about 3 or 4 months now. There's 4 Managers- Kara (head manager, bitch) Anita (Assistant Manager, nice) Nahn (Assistant Manager, decent) Mallory (Assistant Manager, BITCH). So each time I worked it was one of those four, sometimes two b/c they switch managers in the morning, afternoon and closing (total of 3 per day). I remember the first week I worked Kara said "he's gonna be a good one" and have recieved many compliments and have even recieved rewards and offers to work at some of the busier BK Lounges.

I often eat chicken tenders/fries and on occasion an entire sammich. One day, I had just gotten off a 4 hour shift, so I made myself a cheeseburger & as I was walking out Mallory yelled "are you gonna pay for that?" So I said, "oh yeah" & paid.

Then one time Kara saw me eating a chicken tender & was like "what are you doing? I'm always around" she said as she shook her head in disapproval. She then said "Mallory's talked to you about that" so I assumed she meant the time about the cheeseburger, where Mallory said nothing at all except "are you gonna pay for that?"

Then, a few days ago I was working a 7 hour shift w/ Nahn as my manager, but Mallory had gotten there and begun working for when Nahn left. She told me to go on break(15 minutes), so I made a Tendercrisp sammich. I was heading to the register to pay & saw that there was only 1 register open (I cook food) & like 8 people waiting in line. I had already clocked out for break & I knew I'd never get time to eat it if I waited in line. So I went and ate it, intending to pay when the line died down.

So then a kid I haven't seen in years showed up, so I talked to him for a couple minutes until I was rudely reminded by a co-worker that my break was over. I went back to work, thinking nothing of it.

5 O'clock came around and Kara came in to replace Mallory. I was supposed to get off work @ 5, but it was 5:15 & I wasn't complaining, we weren't busy anyway. So all of a sudden, Kara, being followed by Mallory tells me to step into her office. I jokingly said "I am I in trouble," and she replied with a serious tone, "chyeah."

We all three enter her office & she closes the door and says to me, "Alright Calvin, you've been caught three times now, Mallory's caught you, I've caught you & now Nahn's caught you." I asked when Nahn had caught me, for I had completely forgotten the Tendercrisp. Mallory quite rudely said "THE TENDERCRISP YOU ATE ON BREAK!"

I briefly explained that I intended to pay for it at the end of break but forgot to. Kara then said, "well I'm gonna have to let you go."

"I'm fired??" I asked incredulously. She replied, "I have no other choice. Turn in your hat. you can turn in your shirt when you come to get your paycheck" She was intending my last paycheck which would arrive in two weeks.

So I just left. I didn't even say goodbye to the friends I had made in my short time working there.

But what really sucks is that I got fired over so little cost to Burger King: I payed for the cheeseburger; the chicken tender cost about $.30; The Tendercrisp would've been 1/2 off b/c I was working @ the time, & I was also going to use a 1/2 off meal coupon that comes w/ each paycheck, so the Tendercrisp wouldv'e cost less than a dollar.

So I got fired for eating roughly $1 worth of food.

So whaddya think?
Anyone get fired for semi-ridiculous **** b4?
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
yeah, but if they let everyone get away with doing that, they could actually lose a decent amount of money. especially if it happens frequently.

its not like you werent told about it before.

i mean, i know it seems stupid to get fired for that, but you have to look at it from their point of view. they cant be easy going and let everyone get away with things all the time. sometimes they need to set an example to everyone. too bad it had to be you.
Dude that sucks, I work at Ben and Jerrys and everyone there is pretty cool about getting ice cream and other stuff.
damn dude that sux.

ive never been fired, ive only had 2 jobs and quit the both of em ( i dont function well around other people hence the current lack of a job. )
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
im only still on my first job and ive realized you really have to watch what you do/say. 2 people that work with me (at a country club pool) doing nothing have basically gotten themselves fired cause they cant control what they say or being lazy. how do you get fired from a pool...
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
It's a hard world out there man. A few months ago I got a lunch detention for not having an SSR book
Burn it down. You know you want to.

Can't you hear the flames calling to you, Calvin? Just do it.
Quote by charlieballc
uh i googled Rosie Palm, nothing except gloves...
its only bk dude, and seriously the way it was going there would you have wanted to stay?
fast food is a joke, and so are the people that work there. Get another job, just dont use Bk on your resume..
Yeah, that sucks, but remember: it's only Burger King. You can make more money almost anywhere else.
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
its the fact that they think you steal food. Regardless of the amount of money involved, they see you eating food without paying for it. It's a symbol of your lack of trustworthiness and they see that they can't trust you, even if you fully intended on paying for it.
Keep the change, pimps don't jangle
So how was working there besides having bitchy managers? Was it easy or hard?
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by .willy.
its only bk dude, and seriously the way it was going there would you have wanted to stay?
fast food is a joke, and so are the people that work there. Get another job, just dont use Bk on your resume..

Yeah, I remember one of my first days workin' there I dropped the tongs and this kid was like "I didn't see anything" So I picked 'em up as if it never happened. He then said "Yeah dude, this job's a joke."
But
McDonalds Fries> BK's
McDonalds everything else<BK's

But yeah, I'm detasseling corn in july for $11/hour (minimum wage=5.15 here) & I found out that I'm gonna be driving a carrier (which is for the first year detasselers) so I'm getting paid $11 to basically drive a modified tractor, something I'm already good @ anyway. Now I won't have to walk 8 to 10 miles a day in 100 degree weather, but the detasseling season is only like 15-30 days.

Oh and I'm quite surprised at the replys I'm getting, I was expecting more "quit being a pussy." like I get from my classmates.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
Quote by Alterationsgtrs
Burn it down. You know you want to.

Can't you hear the flames calling to you, Calvin? Just do it.

i got fired from Target because someone told me to hurry up and I replied with shut the **** up.
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
Quote by 14shadesofblue

i got fired from Target because someone told me to hurry up and I replied with shut the **** up.

That's pretty funny, also how's working there? I thought about applying.

Quote by poopsmith666

Quote by theBaartMan

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
That's ok dude. I worked at a local music shop repairing guitars and stuff for about $12.50 and hour after school and on Saturdays.

I got fired after about a year because I had told a kid that his squire copy (it was some no name company) didn't have very good sound and we couldn't improve it unless he invested about 200 bucks (more than it was worth)

The kid understood and agreed, and they later purchased a nice Les Paul, but I guess the gear manager on duty (he's some punk ass kid who's one year older than me, and only has the job because he knows the owners kid, and he hardly knows **** at guitar tech) didn't like my "voice" towards the kid. So he reported me to the shift manager, who then fired me.

What's sad is the owner (who works there himself everyday) didn't notice I was gone til 3 days later when he asked where I was. He got mad at the shift manager for not informing him, and fired him. Now the gear manager is assistant manager.

And now I work at the other music store, and I get paid 15.00 bucks an hour.
Creator and member # 1 of the "UREH UREH" Club. PM me to join.
Quote by clincher09
So how was working there besides having bitchy managers? Was it easy or hard?

very dull @ first: I had to put the burgers in the broiler, which was extremely simple and boring, and hot. But I also had to sweep/mop, and the mop smelled like ****, which made the whole kitchen smell like ****.
Eventually more noobs came, and I was no longer broiler bitch, and I rarely had to sweep/mop anymore. I was moved to fryers, where I fried all the fish, chicken, fries, and chicken fries.
I eventually was moved to "spec board" which is basically Tendercrisp, Tendergrill, Original Chicken, BK Fish, Chicken Fries, Chicken Tenders, & Cheesy Tots, so it was all pretty easy once I got the hang of it.
Oh, btw BBQ Bacon Tendercrisp is delicious, seriously, go try it, that's what I got fired over, it was almost worth it (JK).
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
Quote by clincher09
That's pretty funny, also how's working there? I thought about applying.

not really worth it unless you get to work at a special place like the video game section. picking things up and scanning is okay for 2 hours but 8 hours a day 4 days a week is pretty lame
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
That sucks. When I worked at legoland at one of the resteraunts we got unlimited free food and drinks. I miss that job sometimes.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
its called fringe benefits. they aren't worth it. they are acting all dedicated to a fast food joint?? HAHA that place don't give a **** about them.....they'll learn eventually.
Quote by nebraskan
very dull @ first: I had to put the burgers in the broiler, which was extremely simple and boring, and hot. But I also had to sweep/mop, and the mop smelled like ****, which made the whole kitchen smell like ****.
Eventually more noobs came, and I was no longer broiler bitch, and I rarely had to sweep/mop anymore. I was moved to fryers, where I fried all the fish, chicken, fries, and chicken fries.
I eventually was moved to "spec board" which is basically Tendercrisp, Tendergrill, Original Chicken, BK Fish, Chicken Fries, Chicken Tenders, & Cheesy Tots, so it was all pretty easy once I got the hang of it.
Oh, btw BBQ Bacon Tendercrisp is delicious, seriously, go try it, that's what I got fired over, it was almost worth it (JK).

Sounds kinda easy, how was the pay?

Quote by 14shadesofblue
not really worth it unless you get to work at a special place like the video game section. picking things up and scanning is okay for 2 hours but 8 hours a day 4 days a week is pretty lame

Do you have to work 8 hour shifts? I was planing to do 4 days a week and coming in the mornings.

Quote by poopsmith666

Quote by theBaartMan

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by clincher09
Sounds kinda easy, how was the pay?

well I thought that a fast food place would pay minimum wage (5.15) but they paid me $7/hr. That was pretty good pay for me, good enough to turn down 2 other jobs that I had applied for that were simpler & probably had better benefits.
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
Dude, if I ever worked at any fast food joint of any sort. I would be leaving with pounds of free food on a hourly basis.

A god damn chicken finger? Wow.
Current Gear :
Jackson USA Made SL1 Soloist (SnakeSkin Finish)
Jackson Jap Made SL1 Soloist!
Come to NY and work where I work at a restaurant as a bus boy. When it's slow on weekdays and the chefs leave for the night and we're waiting for the last few tables to finish and leave, we chill in the kitchen and make buffalo wings and french fries.

Did it last night as a matter of fact.

But with BURGERS TOO!
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by daytripper75
yeah, but if they let everyone get away with doing that, they could actually lose a decent amount of money. especially if it happens frequently.

its not like you werent told about it before.

i mean, i know it seems stupid to get fired for that, but you have to look at it from their point of view. they cant be easy going and let everyone get away with things all the time. sometimes they need to set an example to everyone. too bad it had to be you.

Well at my restaurant, we get a free meal at the end of our shift. Really food doesn't cost that much, especially to a multinational! Its called worker motivation, it helps the workers feel much more comfortable at the place of work and increases worker efficiency. So really making them pay for a ****ing hamburger is stupid, not to mention firing them over it.
yea i've heard BK is pretty tough on employees who eat on line and ****. i think its gay. go work in a REAL restaurant.. the place i work at is good. basically its.. eat when you're hungry.

but even better.. stay away from the food industry all together. its tough, brutal ****ty low paying thankless demeaning work.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I worked at a restaurant once as a hostess, they gave us a free meal if you were closing for the night. It's pretty strange that you would get fired for such a miniscule amount of food. Next time, be sneakier with your free food

But since you asked for ridiculous firing stories, here's one for that same restaurant that I hosted at: my sister and I were both hostesses at the same time, for about two months. We look a lot alike and frequently people ask us if we're twins (I didn't even think we'd get the same job because they typically don't like to hire like that, I thought)...anyway, my sister missed a shift and they said if she missed another, then she'd have to sign some disciplinary thing. She didn't like working there and had another, better job lined up so she quit instead. The next shift that was lined up for her hadn't been covered yet, and she had already left the job, and for some reason expected me to take it. They even knew I couldn't work on that night because it was a Wednesday, and on MWF I work at the bookstore. But they said I was supposed to take that shift (which I was nottt) and they were like, "Yeah, if you miss another shift, you're fired." I was so angry at the management...so then I quit too

It bothers me to this day because I don't know if they thought I'd do it cuz I'm her sister, or if they thought we were the same person missing two shifts. It really pissed me off because sometimes she'd be late, and I'd get the rap for it. And they never learned my goddamn name! C'mon now.

We were both working two jobs at that time and now we both ended up with our non-restaurant job. I've worked for 8 months now at a Barnes & Noble and I looove it. The managers and coworkers are fab, they totally work with your schedule and you get great discounts, half-priced drinks from the cafe, and free damaged/outdated goods. MMMMM, damaged books!
Let's unite and blow up BK !!

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

I had a college job that I got fired from about the same time the movie "Half-Baked" came out. I totally did the Scarface line. Grabbed the kitchen mic, and went "**** you, **** you, **** YOU, you're cool, and I'm out."
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by blu_flame34
I worked at a restaurant once as a hostess, they gave us a free meal if you were closing for the night. It's pretty strange that you would get fired for such a miniscule amount of food. Next time, be sneakier with your free food

But since you asked for ridiculous firing stories, here's one for that same restaurant that I hosted at: my sister and I were both hostesses at the same time, for about two months. We look a lot alike and frequently people ask us if we're twins (I didn't even think we'd get the same job because they typically don't like to hire like that, I thought)...anyway, my sister missed a shift and they said if she missed another, then she'd have to sign some disciplinary thing. She didn't like working there and had another, better job lined up so she quit instead. The next shift that was lined up for her hadn't been covered yet, and she had already left the job, and for some reason expected me to take it. They even knew I couldn't work on that night because it was a Wednesday, and on MWF I work at the bookstore. But they said I was supposed to take that shift (which I was nottt) and they were like, "Yeah, if you miss another shift, you're fired." I was so angry at the management...so then I quit too

It bothers me to this day because I don't know if they thought I'd do it cuz I'm her sister, or if they thought we were the same person missing two shifts. It really pissed me off because sometimes she'd be late, and I'd get the rap for it. And they never learned my goddamn name! C'mon now.

We were both working two jobs at that time and now we both ended up with our non-restaurant job. I've worked for 8 months now at a Barnes & Noble and I looove it. The managers and coworkers are fab, they totally work with your schedule and you get great discounts, half-priced drinks from the cafe, and free damaged/outdated goods. MMMMM, damaged books!

Oh, I was quite sneaky, and it's kinda surprising it didn't happen earlier b/c I'm 6'4 and it's so easy to see me over the fryers & ****. I'm sure that in the months of my employment @ BK I'd consumed @ least $30 worth of food, and the cool manager (Anita) knew about some of it too, but she didn't care.
I thought about applying @ barnes & noble too b/c I don't have money to buy books so I'd just go to the store and read them there. How do they pay?
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
Quote by The Leader
I had a college job that I got fired from about the same time the movie "Half-Baked" came out. I totally did the Scarface line. Grabbed the kitchen mic, and went "**** you, **** you, **** YOU, you're cool, and I'm out."

Yeah, whist working there I had made some new friends and I had gained a sense of community there, like @ school. I liked it, but I really would've liked to have said **** you to mallory @ least, that bitch hated me from the beginning & I still have no idea why.
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
Quote by nebraskan
Oh, I was quite sneaky, and it's kinda surprising it didn't happen earlier b/c I'm 6'4 and it's so easy to see me over the fryers & ****. I'm sure that in the months of my employment @ BK I'd consumed @ least $30 worth of food, and the cool manager (Anita) knew about some of it too, but she didn't care.
I thought about applying @ barnes & noble too b/c I don't have money to buy books so I'd just go to the store and read them there. How do they pay?

Well, get a better job those jobs just makes you hate people (err, it made me hate people...they're so dispicable, they don't even view you as a person when you work in the food industry.)

You can't read on the job though, they're pretty strict about that you can just go to the store and read them without working. They pay average, $7-$8 per hour, but you get a 30% discount on books, 20% on music, and 50% on the B&N cafes. Not too bad.

PLUS! Damaged books
dude fast food is a rip its hard work for minimum wage and crap!
yeah i work at Jesters (pie store in australia) and no we dont wear jesters hats i have however thought of wearing one to work to be awesome but havnt done it! we have to HAND MAKE EVERY SINGLE PIE EVER! bloody hell its so annoying and so much work for min wage! and yeah my boss is a fat bitch shes the owners daughter and is crap. you just eat food when the manager is not around, simple!! except when youre the only one in the store and your scoffing a pie down at record speed and a customer walks in and you gotta face fulla pie and ur all like 'schglahv bllhhh mmpie...'
awesome
You dont need pants for the victory dance!
Quote by captainjackass
Its never a good idea to eat at the place you work... I almost got fired from papamuphys for eating 1 pepperoni.

for serious? the place i work at offers no benefits to employees. it's local, so prices are outrageous. the state minimum wage hike will kill them eventually. the worst is that i'm being jewed out of my raise. the min. wage going up a dollar will leave me (a two year worker) making the same amount as someone who starts next sunday. which i find unfair in principle, but it's not like i'm in dire need of money. but it sucks to know there's a single mother out there with a sick kid who's going to have the same thing happen to her.
#DTWD
Page 1 of 2