im not dumb or some kid that sux at guitar or anything but ive never replaced a guitar with new pickups

so my question is how do u replace a guitar with new emg's cuz they use 9 volts
(im planning on putting them on a jackson JS30RR)
im guessin that the batteries go underneath the plate on the back of the guitar where all the wires for the vol. , tone and switch go

also, since i guess im gonna hav 2 get this done by a guitar shop, will they let me watch so i can learn how 2 sauter the wires correctly so next time i dont have 2 pay for them (the guitar shop) 2 do it for me?

please help a fellow metal head by answering me

My current gear:
Ibanez RG120
Crate 15 watt combo amp

6 6 6
1: You're not replacing a guitar, you're replacing pickups.
2: It's solder; not 'sauter'.
3: There is no need for the or '666'. It just makes you look stupid.
4: Why post what your current gear is? It has no relevance to the thread whatsoever.
5: EMG's are not 'teh brootal'. They will sound horrible for anything apart from ridiculously distorted, which your amp cannot do at the moment.
6: If you find the EMG website, there are full instructions for wiring EMG pickups. All you're going to need is a bit of patience, a 25-40w soldering iron, a bit of flux, some 60/40 rosin core solder and the inclination to practice your technique on some scrap wire.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
4: Why post what your current gear is? It has no relevance to the thread whatsoever.
5: EMG's are not 'teh brootal'. They will sound horrible for anything apart from ridiculously distorted, which your amp cannot do at the moment.
6: If you find the EMG website, there are full instructions for wiring EMG pickups. All you're going to need is a bit of patience, a 25-40w soldering iron, a bit of flux, some 60/40 rosin core solder and the inclination to practice your technique on some scrap wire.

Yes, also, EMGs alone will not give you a br00tel tone, you need a better amp to give you a good heavy tone, then get EMGs to compliment the good amp.

Think of it like this
Amp=Tone,
Guitar=Playability+Small % of Tone
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Quote by the_random_hero

Someone got out of bed the wrong side then - that's really cheered me up
Quote by the_random_hero

y so angry dude? the reason i put my current gear is cuz im planning on buying a new amp and different guitar
oh yea and i dont have the best vocab so srry for spellin that rong
i know my amp sux thats y im gettin a new amp (with way better distortion) and my mistake on saying replace a guitar i didnt mean 2 say it like that
and i jus got an account on here so im getting used 2 it
i also later figured out that the emg website has the insructions and that it isnt that hard to do it ur self
i know my questions were kinda dumb but u didnt have 2 be so mean about it and i knew that emgs are great for crazy distortion even if not for clean but i like em anyway
thnx for the other advice anyway

peace out
oh yeah, if you didn't already know, you have to replace thew volume and tone pots for 25k
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by 6(ric)6
im not dumb or some kid that sux at guitar or anything

6 6 6

well clearly you are
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
If your going to get a new guitar anyway, dont bother modding the JS30RR, Sell it and get a guitar made out of mahogany(preferably with said EMG's) And a decent Tube amp .
Prong =
I wasn't being mean, I was politely pointing out the mistakes in your post and the areas you can improve on in future posts.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
I wasn't being mean, I was politely pointing out the mistakes in your post and the areas you can improve on in future posts.

And how!

Quote by kurtlives91
This thread makes me laugh.

This site is full of dumb people.

Says you? The only posts I've seen from haven't particularly been educated either. There was absolutely no need for that comment.
You should DEFINITELY get a new amp before changing pickups, or even getting a new guitar. The amp determines the vast majority of your tone, much more than pickups, or even the guitar. But as everyone will tell you if you start a "which amp?" thread, don't get a Marshall MG or a Line 6 Spider amp.

Quote by 6(ric)6

6 6 6

WOW YOU'RE SO METAL AND AWESOME AND EVIL I WORSHIP YOU
i hope all the ppl that insult me know that it doesnt bother me cuz this is just a site and cuz u r losers that jus cant get laid
Quote by 6(ric)6
i hope all the ppl that insult me know that it doesnt bother me cuz this is just a site and cuz u r losers that jus cant get laid

Yeah people who play guitar never get laid...?
Possessed? Of course I am.

Quote by Demonikk
^^Apart from the MGs :P
They just drop outta Jim Marshall's ass
Quote by 6(ric)6

You're twelve years old, I'll be surprised if your balls have even dropped, let alone be more sexually active than anyone else here.

Anyways, like others have suggested, get a new amp.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Quote by 6(ric)6

sigged lol i dont wanna be mean and im not saying im smarter than u or anything but i just think its funny
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Quote by the_random_hero

You pwn3d that guy...HAHAHAHA
This thread made my day! Mr. (Miss?) 6(ric)6, you clearly ARE 12! Or at least you behave like you are 12. Get a life, son. I dont want to see any more such posts here, or the mods will be sure to get on your sorry ass.

Get a new amp, that's all. EMGs are not the best pups, they sound very sterile and do not "colour" the sound according to the wood too much.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
Quote by 6(ric)6

haha
Quote by 6(ric)6

eric? is that your name? im guessing from the name you chose to be your ug name, clearly no one is trying to insult you, its just they are bringing reality to you. there is no need for the cant get laid comment, when in fact most people on this site can get laid. so calm down take a deep breath and remeber to do reasearch, dont make us do it all for you, if you really want "teh brootal" sound work on your chops, anything sounds good through anysetup if its played right. and to awnser your question dont go with emg and get a better amp. i would suggest not buying online but taking the time to leave your computer and go down to the nearest music shop, and trying out an amp. and how do you not know how to "sauter"? i have been doing that sence i was 7, if you cant do that your not ready to mod anything on your own. and try not to make anymore sweeping generalizations in your post. the "your all losers" thing wont make you any friends. and remeber whatever anyone says you can take it or leave it,
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
HAHAHA im 13 and i think im smarter than u
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Quote by musicfreak003
HAHAHA im 13 and i think im smarter than u

I think we're all smarter than him.

Anyway, really, get a new amp first. Forget the EMG's, they're not good for anything except really high gain, and the cleans are sterile. Maybe some DiMarzios or Seymour Duncans? Only after a new tube amp.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by t heff
eric? is that your name? im guessing from the name you chose to be your ug name, clearly no one is trying to insult you, its just they are bringing reality to you. there is no need for the cant get laid comment, when in fact most people on this site can get laid. so calm down take a deep breath and remeber to do reasearch, dont make us do it all for you, if you really want "teh brootal" sound work on your chops, anything sounds good through anysetup if its played right. and to awnser your question dont go with emg and get a better amp. i would suggest not buying online but taking the time to leave your computer and go down to the nearest music shop, and trying out an amp. and how do you not know how to "sauter"? i have been doing that sence i was 7, if you cant do that your not ready to mod anything on your own. and try not to make anymore sweeping generalizations in your post. the "your all losers" thing wont make you any friends. and remeber whatever anyone says you can take it or leave it,

+1

Lol.
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1