What do you guys think of John 5? For someone so deeply rooted in nu-metal/goth rock, he seems to have surprising talent. He credits it to session work, but he seemed to come out of nowhere.

I'm becoming a huge fan of the country-shred genre. John pioneered it, I think, but there are some other appearing that seem to have great talent, such as Paige Harwell.

Your thoughts?
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
John 5 pioneered the "country-shred" genre? Ehm... Ever heard of bluegrass? Perhaps some Albert Lee...?
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
y'know it's interesting to note the number of iconic guitar players who found inspiration in country-style guitar or bluegrass playing - from guys like Ritchie Blackmore, Jimmy Page and of Jerry Garcia, to someone like Buckethead or even Jake Cinninger (Umphrey's McGee, though I'm not calling him iconic) - **** even Larry Carlton said that he came from a fairly intensive country-style guitar background.
Gein With Envy is one of my favourite songs. Songs For Sanity is a really good album, but I don't have any of his other stuff.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!