plz tell me the difference between passive humbuckers and active humbuckers 2 help me out here
Did you not take onboard my helpful suggestions in the last thread?
Anyway, as you're probably too lazy to have a look for yourself, read here, it's in the stickies at the top of the main GB&C page.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Active ones, have a small built in preamp and is driven by (in most cases) a 9V battery. Passives are just magnets.
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
Active pickups are basically a low output passive pickup, with a preamp built into them. This means that they don't pick up many mistakes, and are very high output. They also have a vrey low output impedance, meaning that you have to use a 25k pot instead of the usual 250-500k. They are quite forgiving pickups and work very well for metal. EMG pickups (generally) are what they call rail pickups, where instead of having individual pole pieces for each string, they have a bar magnet that lies under all of the strings, this is for a more balanced, but less versitile sound from the pickup, and helps make the pickup sound less muddy under high gain (which is what EMG's are generally used for). They generally output around 1v for humbuckers.

Passive pickups are a higher un-amplified output than an actve pickup, but aren't amplified. They also have a higher output impedance. The pickups are usually constructed with pole pieces, except for the higher output ones (eg, Dimarzio X2N). These pickups tend to be more responsive to picking dynamics and have a much fuller, exciting sound in my opinion. They output around 250-500mV for humbuckers.

If there's anything else you want to know, feel free to ask
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by mcw00t
Active pickups are basically a low output passive pickup, with a preamp built into them. This means that they don't pick up many mistakes, and are very high output. They also have a vrey low output impedance, meaning that you have to use a 25k pot instead of the usual 250-500k. They are quite forgiving pickups and work very well for metal. EMG pickups (generally) are what they call rail pickups, where instead of having individual pole pieces for each string, they have a bar magnet that lies under all of the strings, this is for a more balanced, but less versitile sound from the pickup, and helps make the pickup sound less muddy under high gain (which is what EMG's are generally used for). They generally output around 1v for humbuckers.

Passive pickups are a higher un-amplified output than an actve pickup, but aren't amplified. They also have a higher output impedance. The pickups are usually constructed with pole pieces, except for the higher output ones (eg, Dimarzio X2N). These pickups tend to be more responsive to picking dynamics and have a much fuller, exciting sound in my opinion. They output around 250-500mV for humbuckers.

If there's anything else you want to know, feel free to ask

actualy they have a verry low output they sound like a high output because everything is more focused, so they hit the amp harder, they pick up mistakes easly, and your whole rail thing is wrong, rails do not have any affect on muddyness, and i agree passive is the way to be
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
Though an active preamp can be a good investment.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1