Alright, here's something I've been working on for a few days now. It's not finished, as I plan on making this a long one. Not for any particular reason, but I quite enjoy having something that I can just add on to whenever I get a new riff idea or something. It's about 5:30 right now in terms of length. I just had to show it to someone lol Anyways, it just cuts off at the last riff for now, because like i said, it's not finished yet!
Attachments:
The Moonlit Drapery.zip
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

not the best i ever heard... but not bad
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Parker Nitefly with SD Hotrails and JB Two Tone

Amp
Marshall dsl 401

Effect:
Boss DD-6
EHX Big Muff
You have some pretty good riffs in there, the acoustic sections, particularily the last are all simple, but effective, and this all sounds good. It just doesn't sound like one song to me. It sounds like alot of strung-together riffs, rather than a single coherent piece. I just think you are using the acoustic sections as tape for the heavy riffs, rather than as complements, or accents to them. I guess it's like a crutch, so far.

All in all, it just felt forced together, there should be one common theme throughout the song, to unify it.

Best of luck.
Actually what I was going for was many different themes lol See, I kinda imagined this song as a story. At first, a kind of mysterious yet eerie mood, seeing the drapery for the first time. Then blowing into a chase scene with the distortion. Then the acoustic part again, when the chase is over, when it's a calm again, and you see a fountain. The distortion part comes in again and the mood is still kind of there. Then the last acoustic part, when it's eerie again and you're going down the corridor, not knowing what's next...Then the distorted part again and the drapery is lifted.

More or less But thanks for the crit, I get what you mean
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?