Ok, my guitar is really pissing me off!

I usually play in drop C but sometimes I go to standard tuning. For some reason my damn g-string keeps breaking! It breaks right at the post and I know for sure I'm not going too high because I go extremely slow with that string. I felt the post and there's no sharp edges or anything.
It's just pissing me off cause this is the 4th time this has happened in like 3 months! Everytime this happens I have to order a whole set and wait a week or two because none of the shops carry the strings I use!

I use heavy Elixirs, so maybe it's time to try a new brand??
try gettin 600 grid sand paper and just give the saddle a lil sand.. if it still breaks easyly then concider getting new saddles or try another brand to see what the results are
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
use proper guitar stings rather than you mothers underwear?

i cant belive i got a warning for that!
oh well!
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
Last edited by Off-The-Heazay at Jun 27, 2007,
hahahahahaha
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
I wouldnt consider it too surprising, if your tuning up its probs cause the string cant take the strain of going a whole tone back to G ,,, G strings are always an odd one, goes outa tune first, buzzes first, breaks first its just cursed dude
Quote by sajuuk
I wouldnt consider it too surprising, if your tuning up its probs cause the string cant take the strain of going a whole tone back to G ,,, G strings are always an odd one, goes outa tune first, buzzes first, breaks first its just cursed dude

Well that's great to hear

I guess there's nothing I can really do then?
I dont think ive ever snapped a g'string (on my guitar ateast
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
I don't know if this would prevent any from breaking, but this is how I string my guitars...

http://www.stringthis.com/howtostringu.html
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."