I accidentally scratched the paint off my V in several lines. Not sure how, looks like something scraped against it.

it's metallic red. Right now, I simply took a red pen and filled in the area that was scratched (turned white, went all the way through the finish I guess) and now it's a lot less noticeable (if I'm on stage, I doubt anyone will tell) but it the red is darker and looks like a different color up close.

any ideas how to do a better job?

would red nail polish of a similar color do the trick?

it's not the most important thing if there's nothing I can do. the red pen made it almost invisible, so long as your not one foot away from it. Hell, my chair is barely a foot away from it, and even with my glasses, I can't see the scratches.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Sperm
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
If you can't see the scratches easily, what's the problem? A few little marks aren't important.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
I don't see the problem but yes, nail polish does work.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Be careful using nail polish because it'll be obvious when it's held up to the light. If I were you I'd just get used to them and treat them as personality marks. My acoustic's got loads of nicks and scratches and I think it just adds to it's overal look.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
scratch it more to make the small scratch blend
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Thanks for the advice, but I might just leave the pen. The scratches were large, and very visible (white on red) before I put the pen on, and up close it didn't help at all. Halfway through my post I looked at it and realized it was working fine.

Now that the ink is dried it looks good as new.

and it may not be expensive, but hell, it's all I got. Actually I love my godin more, better quality build thats way easier playing (I wouldnt dream of lead on a cheap JS series jackson. The neck is nice, but the action is too high if you want no buzz)

but I need something to keep in drop D for my heavier riffs, and I was able to trade for the jackson.

Honestly, I want A DK2M or an ibanez RG370DXGP (probably the ibanez. Im poor and its cheap) but sadly I have no job, and no money.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
I would go to a hobby store and find model car paints. If they don't have the exact color buy the two closest. One slightly lighter than the desired color and one slightly darker, then mix to match the guitar. Try it on something first and let it dry to see if the color dries the same. Also, while you're there getting the paints, buy some special brushes and more colors to make a custom design. Like flowers and lightning bolts hitting flaming skulls.