Boys Beware!

I guess it's a disease or something. I probably should stop hanging out in parks.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
OMG, I almost died laughing haha
In an interstellar burst! I am back to save the universe...
Public restrooms can often be a hangout for the homosexual.
In an interstellar burst! I am back to save the universe...
I want to find some of this guy's (Sid Davis) other films, I tried to find some of his anti-drug stuff, but I don't feel like downloading it.

Ironic that someone with such an "upright moral character" died of lung cancer brought on by smoking.
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
I watch crap like this to get pumped up for working out, it just angers me so much that they actually released propaganda like this back then. Sure kids shouldn't get into cars with strangers, but wtf!
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
My only beef is that the video confused homosexuality with pedophilia. I wouldn't go so far as calling it "anti-gay propaganda" (like the description does). While the video had an obvious undertone of homophobia and ignorance, it also had some very important safety messages for children. Particularly in the 50's when the world felt a lot simpler and safer. The video itself even pointed out how hitchhiking was normal behaviour for children at the time. Today most adults won't even hitchhike.

You also need to understand that pedophilia has only really entered the spotlight in the last decade or so, thanks to the Internet. And homosexuality only became a hot topic in the 70's and 80's. So while there is an obvious difference between homosexuality and pedophilia, this was 60 years ago when both homosexuality and pedophilia were not heard of very often. People didn't understand. So the video is guilty of misconception and it's not fair to gay people to group them with pedophiles, it's also guilty of sending some positive warning messages to children who grew up in a time when dangers like pedophiles weren't often considered.

Today, thanks to the Internet, kids just can't seem to hear enough about the dangers of pedophiles and online stalkers etc. Try to put yourself in a time before every household had a television, when hitchhiking was considered safe, home computers are 30 years in the future etc.
Last edited by garett at Jun 27, 2007,
Quote by Cone 21
I watch crap like this to get pumped up for working out, it just angers me so much that they actually released propaganda like this back then. Sure kids shouldn't get into cars with strangers, but wtf!

wtf?
Quote by FenderKid87
I want to find some of this guy's (Sid Davis) other films, I tried to find some of his anti-drug stuff, but I don't feel like downloading it.

Ironic that someone with such an "upright moral character" died of lung cancer brought on by smoking.
According to the Wiki article on him, he made those movies because he had a young daughter and was concerned that she wasn't paying enough attention to his warnings about the dangers of strangers. I don't think that has anything to do with morality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sid_Davis

Actually, I don't see what smoking cigarettes has to do with morality, either. If you want to bring up that he made anti-drug films and was a tobacco user himself then you need to put things into perspective. He started making films in the 50's. Almost everyone smoked and few people knew just how dangerous it was. Contrast that with government campaigns to steer public perception of marijuana and heroin and you've got a recipe for the current political climate on drugs. Depressed ? Take a prozak. Sleepy ? Drink some caffeine. Want to go to jail for 20 years ? Get caught with possession of a large amount of marijuana.
Last edited by garett at Jun 27, 2007,
Quote by MastaBassist10
wtf?

Well, videos like this do piss me off, and why not exercise while angry?
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Quote by Cone 21
Well, videos like this do piss me off, and why not exercise while angry?

Exercise with some metal

I found the video boring. It confused gays with pedophiles. Or..gay pedophiles.

"Public restrooms can often be a hangout for homosexuals."