Yeah that's pretty typical. The only way I know to describe is that the FR is "synchronized" with all of the strings. In other words each string has it's own part in the tension of the tremolo. If you tighten one (in a bend) the others don't have to work against the tremolo's springs so hard and therefor they slack off.
This is very apparent if you have ever tuned one of these, each time you get a string in tune you have to go back and check all of the others since it will have an effect on them as well. Tuning is like tightening the lugs on a car you have to keep rotating until you get them all right.
Heritage H150 Rio Pups, Dean Soltero SL, Dean Hardtail Select with Mustaine Active Pups,
Randall RT 2/50, Peavey Rockmaster, Voodoo Labs Preamp, Carvin Quad, Rocktron Piranha, Intellifex . AVatar 2x12
Peavey Classic 30, Vox ADVT 30,
Pod X3live
Those are the downsides of having a guitar that rarely goes out of tune and has a trem that (generally) you can abuse.
Yeah, I just got a Dean Razorback a few weeks ago and it is my first FR experience. It is a great tremolo for wailing away squeals and dives with little or no tuning issues once you get it tuned up. Other downsides are changing strings and the hand resting issue, I have same problem since most of my guitars are fixed bridge, I even converted my strat to a hardtail because I didn't use the tremolo and wanted better tone.
Heritage H150 Rio Pups, Dean Soltero SL, Dean Hardtail Select with Mustaine Active Pups,
Randall RT 2/50, Peavey Rockmaster, Voodoo Labs Preamp, Carvin Quad, Rocktron Piranha, Intellifex . AVatar 2x12
Peavey Classic 30, Vox ADVT 30,
Pod X3live