Are there any Attenuator's out there aside from the one from THD? That thing is really expensive and I want to see is there are any other options.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II
Ibanez 25W "Tone Blaster"
Fender Starcaster (Not the vintage kind, the Wal-Mart Value kit kind"

If Dimebag22 was a pie, I would cover him with whipped cream and eat his insides...
I don't mean to hijack or anything, just a quick question.

I was looking at the Weber site, and it says that you should use an attenuator that is a greater number of watts than the amp you're using right? It says that if I have a 50 watt amp, then I'd need a 100 watt attenuator. I was just wondering how all that works, if anybody knows.
if your amp is 30 watts, how much would you need? would 50 be good?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I have a Peavey 5150 II. I think it is 120 Watts but I am not sure. So would I be looking to get a 150 watt attenuator?

That?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II

If Dimebag22 was a pie, I would cover him with whipped cream and eat his insides...
for a blues Jr. and a TS-9, would 25watt minimass be enough?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by KaMiKaZi90
I have a Peavey 5150 II. I think it is 120 Watts but I am not sure. So would I be looking to get a 150 watt attenuator?

That?

i guess. Me too i have a 6505 and its way too much that i cant even play at my house. Im still using my old crate head.

I was checking https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/mdump.htm . Its 200w and $75 cheaper than urs.
thats cuz it has a power resistor instead of a speaker motor or sumtin.

it says power resistors suck tone a lot. Ted E-mailed me recommending me speaker motor ones.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by KaMiKaZi90

That?

Ideally, you'd want a 200 watt. Looks like they haven't completed it yet. Email Ted, see what he recommends...
You coudl also get the MegaDump 200.

Quote by ECistheBest
for a blues Jr. and a TS-9, would 25watt minimass be enough?

Yeah, that would be cool. I'd upgrade to a 50, though, for the extra 25, in case you ever got something with more wattage, like an AC30 or a Peavey Classic 30, or something. That's just me, though. I bought a 100 watt one. O.O

Quote by ECistheBest
thats cuz it has a power resistor instead of a speaker motor or sumtin.

it says power resistors suck tone a lot. Ted E-mailed me recommending me speaker motor ones.

Correct. Resistor based ones suck off more tone as you attenuate, as compared to speaker motor based ones.
^This seems to be turning into a "If I have this amp, then what size attenuator would I need?" thread. Haha

Sorry if I hijacked it a little threadstarter. However, the Weber speaker motor attenuators look awesome.
I would ask around a little more, specifically about the 5150 and any attenuators. From what I've been told, the 5150 doesn't mix well with attentuators. Nothing I've experienced personally, but I've talked to a couple owners that said they didn't like how it changed their tone. I would talk to someone that's actually used the Weber and the 5150 together before you spend the loot.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
I would ask around a little more, specifically about the 5150 and any attenuators. From what I've been told, the 5150 doesn't mix well with attentuators. Nothing I've experienced personally, but I've talked to a couple owners that said they didn't like how it changed their tone. I would talk to someone that's actually used the Weber and the 5150 together before you spend the loot.

Maybe someone could post in this thread with some experience with it?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II