I got a 4x12 and a 1x15. I play in a three piece. Everything from tech death necrophagist style to Corrosion of Conformity style stoner riffs/High on fire epicness. Need a new head, would like to go tube. Got around 600-800 bones i can play with it. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks.
i think for what you play the gallien krueger 800rb would be good, but i think you need more drive power...

the gallien krueger 1001RB is about in that price range , and thats what im buying... its AMAZING!!!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/GallienKrueger-800RB-Bass-Head?sku=482505

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/GallienKrueger-1001RBII-70050W-Biamp-Bass-Head?sku=482588

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ampeg-SVT450H-450W-Classic-Series-Head?sku=481756

thats what i recommend...
Last edited by DesolationRow0 at Jun 27, 2007,
I don't think you'll be going tube with $600 - $800. They're usually around $1,200+ for a good tube amp. I'd look into Ampeg and Fender tube amps. Specifically the SVT-CL, the SVT-2 PRO, and the Bassman 300, respectively.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
yeah i know those are not tubes......but with his budget its rare to find a good tube amp... especially for us bass players who are discrimed like there's no tomorrow on the prices of gear.....

try to find a used tube head, you might find something within that price range...

i would also look into the ashdown heads........great overdrive on them (drools)...
Bass Player and Bass Guitar magazine gave awards to Carvin's 1200W BX1200 head. It's bi-ampable, has a parametric and a 10 band EQ, and you cna order it direct for $650.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
10 band EQ! sounds great.... i should check into that! thanks!

p.s. - after checking into the stores that can ship to portugal i havent found that head... still sounds like an amazing buy, fitz...
Last edited by DesolationRow0 at Jun 27, 2007,
Quote by thefitz
Bass Player and Bass Guitar magazine gave awards to Carvin's 1200W BX1200 head. It's bi-ampable, has a parametric and a 10 band EQ, and you cna order it direct for $650.

Had one very similar! It blew up on stage! Got too hot in the summer and blew up!
Go with the GK 1001RB-II, i also play a range of things like ou do, and that head is AMAZING, has everything
Go with the GK 1001RB-II, i also play a range of things like ou do, and that head is AMAZING, has everything

+100
You can't go wrong with Hartke. Call lary hartke even, see if he'll give you a price break. Numbers in like every Bass player magazine. I love the sound of hartkes and they are of a very good quality. hell yeah.
The battle cry of our brothern "Down with homework! Up with Miniskirts!" Viva la resistance!
Quote by Funkadude
You can't go wrong with Hartke. Call lary hartke even, see if he'll give you a price break. Numbers in like every Bass player magazine. I love the sound of hartkes and they are of a very good quality. hell yeah.

In recent ads, Larry says he's swamped, and he's hired some of his endorsees to answer his phone. So, you could luck out and get Stu Hamm or Larry, or you could get Ice T's bass player, Stevie Wonder's bass player, or Jaco's nephew.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Funkadude

I love my hartke.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
i would look for a used Ampeg SVT-4 Pro(1200w), the SVT-350Pro is good also, they have tube pre-amps, and are rack-mount. the Classic series are very nice too, but aren't rackmounted. if you have the money, Ampeg, or Mesa, is the way to go.