ibanez
http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-IBA-S470DXQM-BLB.html

jackson
http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-JAC-2940012-508.html

I've been wanting to get the S470 for a long time but i saw this AMS exclusive in their catalog and i thought it looked really awesome. I don't really mind the uncomfortability of the RR3, the only difference between the 2 guitars would be the trem. I'm not a huge Floyd Rose-ish trem user but i might end up needing one later.

Do you think it would be worth it to buy the S470 and spend a lot of time restringing the ZR even when i don't use it a lot?

After reading reviews, I'm pretty sure that the Ibanez is a solid guitar but is the Jackson? Will its hardware stay together and be a overall durable guitar?

Both of these guitars have Duncan designed humbuckers. Does that mean their sounds will be similar?

Pros and cons of both?

My musical influences are metal and hard-rock type bands. I don't really play anything super death metallish like Cannibal Corpse but you know what i mean. The amp im probably set on is the Peavey Windsor. Thanks.

EDIT: The American Musical Supply catalog says that the RR3 has Duncan pickups but the website says Duncan Designed. Can I order the Jackson off of the AMS catalog and assume it has real Duncan's and when i realize they're Duncan Designed, call them up and be like WTF U SAID REAL DUNCANS MO EFFA and expect them to give me a discount or send me some pickups? LOL because after all, the catalog says "Duncan pickups" not Duncan DESIGNED
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
I'd just go the the Ibanez - it's probably better made guitar and that RR3 looks like it might be one of the lower range jacksons which aren't on a par at all with the high range models
the s470 is a lot more versatile then the RR3. Also the ZR trem is actually very easy to set up. I own an s470 and im very happy with it. I would recommend you to try both and see what u like best.
Im an Ibanez guy..So I like the s470 because of the Wizard II neck, ZR Tremelo, Mahogony body, and its nice sleek body. I dont like the feel of Jacksons too much.
The Jackson RR looks to much like the ESP Alexi Signature for the Children of Bodom guitarist.

Also "Duncan designed humbuckers on both guitars".

Are the Infinity series pickups Ibanez use made by S/D?
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
^ Oh yea..my bad, I must be out of it..

How do the 2 necks compare to each other?
anyone.?
Note: Ibanez IFN pickups are not Duncan Designed humbuckers. However, both brands are not really good in my opinion. The IFN pickups feel very generic and lacking.

I believe the RR3 hardtail version is discontinued and therefore will not have Seymour Duncan pickups, as the change only came about 2006 onwards. Don't quite me on this though.

Regarding quality of craftmanship, I would suspect the Jackson has superior build quality being Made In Japan as opposed to Ibanez's Korean build.

As for the ZR trem, it's very reliable and smooth. It's not hard to maintain a trem and you can learn how to use one properly.

Neck wise, the Jackson has a bit thicker neck ala baseball bat compared to the Ibanez. Although, the Ibanez has quite thin necks compared to every other guitar. The Ibanez feels very smooth and slick to me when I play it, and I much prefer it over the Jackson. The Jackson still plays damn well though.
Does anyone have any idea what that weird looking stuff on the gold pickguard is..?
It looks like it's been chromed wrong on purpose then gold plated.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
The only ways you'll be able to tell which guitar you should buy from these two is to try both and see which one feels better. Then decide which one looks better because these two are in the same league. I'd choose the RR3 personally.