Im looking to buy a new Ibanez. My budget is £500 ($1000). I quite like the look of the S series especially the ZR tremolo.

Theres a few ive looked at:

S670Fm - I really like the look of this, but im not sure the middle single pickup would be of much use to me (i only ever use neck and bridge). Also Ive not seen any reviews of it anywhere (I guess coz its quite new)
S320 - This pickup arrangement I feel would suite me much better. I can only find this guitar in black and Im quite bored of black tbh. Also this one is alot cheaper, which means i still have money left for new pups.
S470 - Everyone seems to recommend this guitar, but again the middle pickup isnt for me and also I would prefer to get a "new" guitar as apposed to a discontinued one.

Id quite like to hear your opinions and suggestions.
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Im going for an ibanez soon, i asked on here too and came out with a S-series as my desision. the 520EX is so think and nice. I like the input jack and that sweet trem design.

Although i found a JEM i like, its the black one. around £600 but i dont like the carry handle thingy. lol
Fret inlays, pick ups, and also i think the S320 comes with a single pup in the middle .
According to the ibanez website, bothe the s320 and s520 have the same inf-1H pickups, and the same HH arrangement. And i dont really like that slashy thing on the the 12th on the 520.

Does anyone know the difference?
Nothing, other than the colors. Have no idea how someone would like the 470 and not the 520. Same body, same trem & same neck. Just different pickup configuration & the 520 has a bound fretboard....and that stupid claw scratch as a fret marker :P

Not much to do with colors. Either go for one of the quilted tops (470dxqm or 670fm), almost salmon pink + black 520... or the lava black 320. Or I guess get one of the 470's in ice blue. So basically, if you want anything other than black, you have to go with the middle single coil.

You probably could get the 320 and replace the bridge pickup (and maybe the neck) for the price of the 670fm. If it were me, I'd go with the 670fm (and make sure the bookmatching is near perfect!) and upgrade the pickups later on.

Wonder if Ibanez will release the 670's here in NA this fall after summer NAMM 2007.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by DarthV
Nothing, other than the colors. Have no idea how someone would like the 470 and not the 520. Same body, same trem & same neck. Just different pickup configuration & the 520 has a bound fretboard....and that stupid claw scratch as a fret marker :P

The one I played felt horribly . . .dead and tinny but my S470 is full of spring and life and every S470 I have played has been.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
The one I played felt horribly . . .dead and tinny but my S470 is full of spring and life and every S470 I have played has been.
Plastic covers on Infinities make for even worse Infinities than usual.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
basically im left with the 470dxqm or 670fm...

its just a matter of colour

blue does look nice but i think i like the antique burst on the 670
Dead and tinny sounds like the action was set too low.

Doubt the covers have anything to do with it, the bridge infinity sounds bad. I actually didn't mind the neck pup in my 470. Still haven't figured out what to do about the bridge... might go with a d sonic.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
If you have 1000 dollars, then why not settle for one of the Prestige models?

I think besides the color and the stock pickups, there isn't anything different between the guitars..

why not get some S series, then with your spare cash, use it to upgrade the crap stock pickups?

for the S470, you can just remove the middle pickup
then you can stick whatever into the hole/
I strongly recommend a S520, i'm a proud owner of one myself and i just love it!
I dont think ill get a prestige - their slightly over my budget, plus if their not that different should i not just stick wih the cheaper one giving me money left for pickup?

as for the s520... it seems to be a love it or hate it guitar... unfortunately i think the colours are disgusting - imo
Since I already have a black guitar, I'd go with the 670. But that's just me.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
I tried the S670FM last week and liked it really much. Felt very nice, didn't sound bad stock, and the tremolo was just great. I'd get it if I had the money and if I wasn't saving up for an RG xD
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by blair30
I dont think ill get a prestige - their slightly over my budget, plus if their not that different should i not just stick wih the cheaper one giving me money left for pickup?

as for the s520... it seems to be a love it or hate it guitar... unfortunately i think the colours are disgusting - imo

Yeah, i agree on the colours. But i managed to get a green s520, it's kinda metallic green, i think it's really nice.
There's a green s520 in North America, but not in the UK.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
the S series comes in a lot more than just black if you look around and don't mind used. blue, green, purple, silver, and of course the prestige comes into your price range. the burl...amazing.

and while the covers don't make the pickups worse, it indicates quality.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by blair30
really? where did u get that and and where abouts do u live?

I bought it for about 1½ years ago from a store here in Sweden where i live. Seems like the green-coloured s520's were a lot more usual back then, i'm having a hard time finding a store that sells them.
To TS, whereabouts in Scotland are you? If you are near Glasgow City Centre, there are several guitar shops where you can try out Ibanez S guitars.

Also, I would recommend the S520EX as opposed to the S670FM, I personally feel you are being charged a premium for the flamed maple top (albeit it does look nice, but you can get a set of new pickups for the price difference!).
S670FM!

I have one its great. Looks more like a rock guitar, and less of a shred machine.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO