What are they?
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
a scalloped fret is where the wood between each fret is scalloped ie dug out in a kind of trough shape, so that the fingers only come into contact with the frets and not the fingerboard.
As ever there are pros and cons but each to his own.
Hope this was helpful.
My gear:
Fender 50th anniv American Strat Deluxe NICE
Fender Eric johnson Strat SEXY
Gibson SG Special Gothic II RAW
Ibanez JS 1000 VERSATILE
Gibson Les Paul Custom OOH BABY
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Head & Cab LET'S ROCK
Quote by Rory's_strat
^ yep that exactly.

For an example have a look at Yngwie Malmsteem's guitar. (sp?)

close, Malmsteen
looks like it would be a little harder to keep the right sound with those things. i would most likely press down too hard if i were trying it for the first time....
Quote by Zach
I'm gonna make a poster of my pinky finger that says in big bold letters on the bottom 'USE IT'
Quote by Switch
I was not expecting him to have a ferret skilled in nuclear weaponry
So I'm still confused, what are the pros and cons of the frets being this way?
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Pros
- bending is eaiser
- Playing leggato is slightly easier IMO (I.E tapping, hammer on's, pull off's)
- Less pressure is required to fret the note

Cons
- Due to your fingers not coming into contract with the fretboard, if you push too hard, the note may go slightly sharp
- ....hmmm cant think of any others right now

Thats certainly not an exaustive list.
Jumbo frets give a similar effect to a scalloped fretboard.
My stuff:
Fender Tele 60's Reissue
Schecter Blackhawk
Vintage V300 acoustic
Yamaha RB170 Bass

Peavey Classic 30 amp

Boss SD-1, DOD Grunge, Guyatone PS-010 Compressor, Marshall SV-1, Vox V847, Zoom G2, Line6 Echo Park
i thought they were scalloped to change the note, like push down and make it like a bend ie billy sheehan
Quote by El Penguino
i thought they were scalloped to change the note, like push down and make it like a bend ie billy sheehan

no, i don't think so, the change in pitch wouldn't be that great, but what nezv6 says is spot on, if you push too hard or not hard enough a change in pitch can be heard.
My gear:
Fender 50th anniv American Strat Deluxe NICE
Fender Eric johnson Strat SEXY
Gibson SG Special Gothic II RAW
Ibanez JS 1000 VERSATILE
Gibson Les Paul Custom OOH BABY
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Head & Cab LET'S ROCK
i have no idea whats the hype about "less pressure being required to fret the note" yes it would be easier because you're basically playing on air but no, less pressure is not required to fret the note, it just forces you to use less pressure because if you used your normal amount of pressure on a scalloped fretboard you'd end up bending. you can use an insanely small amount of pressure on a normal fretboard, most people just wont take the effort to do so unless playing normally screws them over

it would make vibrato easier cos you can bend up and down too not just sideways, and i think theres a tonal difference cos you're removing wood
i have a 'white guitar'