I was wondering if any of you had or knew of any cool Cross or Lightning Bolt tattoos that would work for your forearm or biecep/upper arm? I was think of getting the cross on my right arm and the lightning bolt on the left. Right now I'm only 17 and I need to know if I grow out somemore if the tattoos would get screwed, not fatter just bigger?
Well I'd suggest thinking up one for yourself, or just getting a tattoo artist to draw one up for you off of your ideas. But if you want some already done stuff Bmezine.com will probably have plenty of stuff like that for you to browse.

Oh, and there's an Only body modification thread
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Do yourself a favor and don't get a tattoo till you're in your early - mid 20's.

doing it as soon as you can is stupid, because you're guaranteed to get something you'll end up regretting.

ie. crosses or lightning bolts.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by absinthe5765
Dude thats a huge mistake, dont get a tattoo when your this young. When your 40 ittle be blurred and ugly. Did I mention permenant?

you're ignorant and wrong.

i have one tattoos can take a beating
pregnate women with tattoos on their stomaches they blow up after 9 months and thent hey shrink back down to what they were before, so gaining a little weight muscles or anything like that shouldnt be a problem unless you gain like 200 pounds in about 2 days.
Body Modification thread, you should get brighter answers.

And anyway, draw up some ideas yourself and then talk about what you want with a good tattoo artist, they'll know what will work.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Last edited by DigUpHerBones at Jun 27, 2007,
Mate of mine has a lightning bolt on his leg, it doesn't look bad. But not good on the arms I don't think.

Love the new avatar taluha =)
Don't get cheesy **** like crosses or lighting bolts. Get something meaning not just because it "looks cool".
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by Joe-Fish
Don't get cheesy **** like crosses or lighting bolts. Get something meaning not just because it "looks cool".

who the **** are you to tell him what he should get on his body?

If he likes crosses he should get one
if he wants a ****ing lighting bolts he could get 50
its his body he lives with it fro his life not you.
stfu.
Think of something you want to get, and wait it out. Keep it in your mind for at least, I don't know, 6 months. If it still seems like an awesome idea after that period of time, and you don't think you'll regret it, then you can wait it out a little longer, or just go with it.

I know that I have tattoo ideas that I've been thinking of for about a year or so, but I still have about a year to go before I can get them. For example, on one of my shoulder blades (or somewhere else), and oceanic setting with the lyrics -

"I descend from grace,
In arms of undertow,
I will take my place,
In the Great Below."

P.S - Now that I think of it, I think I have an unhealthy obsession with Nine Inch Nails
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
Quote by x/taluha
who the **** are you to tell him what he should get on his body?

If he likes crosses he should get one
if he wants a ****ing lighting bolts he could get 50
its his body he lives with it fro his life not you.
stfu.

I'm just suggesting not to get something like that. He can get whatever he wants. I'm saying it's cheesy because I've seen too many people with the same thing.
dont get one in an obvious place (llike your forearm) it seems like a great idea now, but at some point you are going to want to go on an interview for a real job or meet some girl's parents. and although nobody will admit it, you will be pre-judged if you have an exposed tattoo)

i have several tattoos, but all of them can be covered up with a short sleeved polo shirt (although i despise dressing like that, it is necessary at times)

plus at 17, you think things are cool that you will not think are cool in just a few years.

my first tattoo (lightning bolts) was when i turned 18. thankfully i got it on my shoulder, but i am in the process of getting it covered (more like incorporated) into a new tattoo.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Love the new avatar taluha =)

ahhh thank you.
but i do miss the old one..i got quite attached to it
Quote by x/taluha
ahhh thank you.
but i do miss the old one..i got quite attached to it

That's great.

I should make a suspension one at some point... eh, another thing I won't get round to.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
omg people stop saying "oh you will look so ugly when you get old and wrinkly"

FFS YOU LOOK UGLY WHEN YOU ARE OLD AND WRINKLY ANYWAY!

and don't say "you will regret having it done"

enjoy your childhood, thats the most important part, your adult life will be boring and mature, make the most of being young and immature, life is too short.
What are you getting these for. Any special reason?
Well I wouldnt be getting any for atleast another year and I'm sure I want a Cross Tattoo its a symbol of Faith for me its something I've wanted for years. The lightning bolt I'm not really sure about yet I just kinda thought it was a cool idea lately. But thanks for all the input.
Quote by absinthe5765
Dude thats a huge mistake, dont get a tattoo when your this young. When your 40 ittle be blurred and ugly. Did I mention permenant?

some places do free touch ups theres a couple by me that will touch it up once a year for free
Quote by 3nemy

enjoy your childhood, thats the most important part, your adult life will be boring and mature, make the most of being young and immature, life is too short.

hahaha, i thought that too.

now (at 30) i am having 10x the fun i had when i was in my 20s. i did some stupid s*it for sure, but thankfully i thought some of it through and didnt go too overboard (like getting tattoos on my forearms/or other conspicuous places).

=)

do what you want just think of what it's gonna be like when you get older and have to start pretending you are an adult...