I have recently bought a guitar with a floyd rose floating tremolo. Whenever I tune the strings and lock them using the locking system i play for a little while and then the strings go out of tune. How can I stop this??
Floating bridges always go out of tune. I have to tune almost everyday. Any change in string tension de-tunes it, which is why the whammy bar is really frustrating, although you can only do divebombs on floating bridges. Even picking the strings normally will add tension and cause it to go out of tune.
what guitar is it?
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
I have just changed the strings and the low E strings buzzes what can i do about that??
make sure your bridge is parallel to the body, and make sure its set properly
block the bridge so that it will act like a normal hardtail guitar. if you do not know how to do this watch the recent guitar world mag tech education videos on floyd rose maintenance
Quote by aleckillscobra
Floating bridges always go out of tune. I have to tune almost everyday. Any change in string tension de-tunes it, which is why the whammy bar is really frustrating, although you can only do divebombs on floating bridges. Even picking the strings normally will add tension and cause it to go out of tune.

Your floating bridge must not be set up properly. The whole point of having one is to make sure that you don't go out of tune. make sure the springs on the back are at the correct tension level so it is not uneven on either end. that is one of the main reasons this happens. Mine stays in tune perfectly and is a cheap jackson one.