Page 1 of 5
I said that the reason that African Americans were more athletic was because of slavery.

Think about if you were white back in the 1600's. Wouldn't you want to take only the strongest and most efficient slaves back home from Africa to America?

If two strong people mate their kid will be strong. That's why if you go to Africa , the people there are relatively weak compared to Europe and American Blacks.

Anyway this black kid said I was being racist But I just think its a good theory.
Last edited by scarlet20 at Jun 27, 2007,
Oh, dear God.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
The reason the people in Africa are weak are becasue of malnutrition.

And thats not even true, if you watch athletics, the Nigerian team is always pwning.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Wow....just...wow....
Quote by Ross724
3.14 pie or the delicious crusted treat we all know and love?

Quote by MightyAl
Therefore your argument is rubbish, as well as being full of profanity and anti-Semitic. Are you Mel gibson, by any chance?
Strength is not something passed on in genes, it's something you accumulate as you grow by using your muscles.
"That Hidde's a cool guy" -Abe Lincoln
"Hidde? Yeah we jam all the time" -Steve Vai
"Remember that time when burt jumped out of the tree and into the river? Good times!" -Jesus

So I heard you liek profiles?
Quote by scarlet20
I said that the reason that African americans were more athletic was because of slavery.

Think about if you were white back in the 1600's. Wouldn't you want to take only the strongest and most efficient slaves back home?

If two strong people mate their kid will be strong. That's why if you go to Africa , the people there are relatively weak compared to Europe and America.

Anyway this black kid said I was being racist But I just think its a good theory.

Umm...no. The parents would more likely train them to be strong. But, it definitely isn't hereditary.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by Gu1T@r_H3r0
That's a stupid theory.

Really, really stupid actually.

+1
very frustrated guitar player

член в русской группе UG! PM Vindiction to join!

And the worst comeback in the history of UG is:
Quote by ketchup_cum
your moms an is

maybe you didnt mean it that way, but its still bringing up a time of oppression that nobody wants to remember
Quote by clincher09
you win

Quote by Vornik
..Are you wearing a pokemon hat?

Quote by Schmietty
+1 for what looks like a Pokemon hat.
Quote by scarlet20
I said that the reason that African americans were more athletic was because of slavery.

Think about if you were white back in the 1600's. Wouldn't you want to take only the strongest and most efficient slaves back home?

If two strong people mate their kid will be strong. That's why if you go to Africa , the people there are relatively weak compared to Europe and America.

gtfo kthxbai
Actually no, it is a good theory and I'm pretty sure it's true.

It's called artificial selection - the white people would choose the largest and most fit slaves to breed with each other, thus created larger offspring. Just because it is about slavery doesn't make it wrong.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
Umm...no. The parents would more likely train them to be strong. But, it definitely isn't hereditary.

I disagree people say fatness and Height are definitely hereditary. So why not athletic aspects.
Black people have different muscle structure, this is due to thousands of years of evolution and not anything which occured in the relatively short period of time that blacks were slaves in the United States.
Quote by scottishmob

This is a site for musicians and you're all crying about the sad state of rock? Fuck that. I'm going to practice more and take over radio. I advise you all to do the same.
I don't see how the theory is racist. You didn't say any race is superior to another. As for the accuracy...I don't know.
African people who have lived there their entire lives are winning races and stuff all the time, so they are naturally athletic I guess (plus a lot of hard work).

I did hear that slaves in America were picked because of their strength etc. , and if two slaves had a child, the child would be strong aswell. But there was no need to tell him he's only athletic because of that, you dont know his entire family history, so it was a bit racist.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
the slave owners would'nt want the strongest slaves all the time.

slaves that worked in houses and as servents wouldnt need to be stong.

it would take to much time and money to search for just the strong africans, it would be easiler and more profitable just to get loads on a ship at once and do the "sorting" when they were in america
Quote by freedoms_stain

I think it's sick to force kids to take part in hate mongering and sick for spoonman to think its right for any adult to throw anything at a child.
Quote by scarlet20

you say you must die!? you must be crucified! for our sins and our lies...GOOD BYE!!!
^ thats what is going to happen if you say that again
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
dude youre right... these people are just ****ing stupid. ive had 2 biology teachers and an ipc teacher tell me this before.
I don't see why pure scientific facts could be considered racist at all...

And to be clear: I totally disagree with the slavery 'theory', it is nothing more than their genetical constitution that makes them faster runners.
Quote by scottishmob

This is a site for musicians and you're all crying about the sad state of rock? Fuck that. I'm going to practice more and take over radio. I advise you all to do the same.
Last edited by frantix at Jun 27, 2007,
it's racist because of the slave part, in my opinon
holy crap i'm living in a yellow submarine

member #17 of thw Can't we forget about punk, emo, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK? group.
pm rockon1824 to become a member
Quote by scarlet20
I disagree people say fatness and Height are definitely hereditary. So why not athletic aspects.

Fatness isn't hereditary. Metabolic rates are.

You have to work out to gain muscle. That's how it works.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
I'm not saying my theory is right. Just that I should be able to say it without taking so much heat. I feel its valid enough to consider.
Quote by randolert
it's racist because of the slavery part, in my opinon

What so because it refers to slavery it is racist? FFS this is political correctness gone mad....

The only way this is racist is because it assume the black people's descendants were slaves. Though if he is talking about blacks in the USA then he may be right, after all you Americans seem to insist on calling them "African Americans" (which i find racist as it assumes all black people are from africa).
height is partly hereditary and partly concerned with ur environment and ur diet. now fit parents could breed fit babies, cos lung capacity is hereditary, but the strength issue is totally wrong.
Quote by scarlet20
I'm not saying my theory is right. Just that I should be able to say it without taking so much heat. I feel its valid enough to consider.

It's not. There's a reason athlete's train their entire lives for the Olympics, and two massive parents is no guarantee of strong kids because you have things like Recessive Genes and the Environment you grow up in.

I hate to repeat myself, but a stupid theory.
It's not racist, it's just stupid.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by MadClownDisease
What so because it refers to slavery it is racist? FFS this is political correctness gone mad....

The only way this is racist is because it assume the black people's descendants were slaves. Though if he is talking about blacks in the USA then he may be right, after all you Americans seem to insist on calling them "African Americans" (which i find racist as it assumes all black people are from africa).

im pretty sure hes talking about in the usa... this is really the only country with that many strong athletic black guys... i mean, yeah im sure theyre in africa or wherever too, just not as abundant or not at such a high %
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
Fatness isn't hereditary. Metabolic rates are.

You have to work out to gain muscle. That's how it works.

yeah but if 2 people do the exact same workout everyday, their not going to have the same body. Some people just build muscle easier.
Quote by thedude051
Fission Mailed.

Metal gear solid 2 : sons of liberty quote i believe?

and i guess he has a point because, it is true that the slave owners bred the slaves with larger " type C" bodies. naturally larger slaves = stronger and worth more money.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by flyingmarlin
Metal gear solid 2 : sons of liberty quote i believe?

and i guess he has a point because, it is true that the slave owners bred the slaves with larger " type C" bodies. naturally larger slaves = stronger and worth more money.

I dont know about slavery, but i am guessing the owners didn't force them to have sex.
How is that possible. They were not animals.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by scarlet20

Maybe the reason that Europeans and Americans are generally stronger is because we have an acceptable amount of food and healthy living conditions. We have agriculture, whereas hunting/gathering is more common in Africa, giving Europeans and Americans a steadier nutritional income. This is probably what leads to Africans being weaker and smaller. I disagree that if two strong people mate, their child will be strong. The parents may force their kid to work out more than weak parents, which could lead to the strong parents having stronger kids than weak parents, but strength isn't hereditary, I'm pretty sure. That's all I have to say...
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Quote by MadClownDisease

That's what i meant by " the slave part"
holy crap i'm living in a yellow submarine

member #17 of thw Can't we forget about punk, emo, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK? group.
pm rockon1824 to become a member
I'm part black, and no one on that side of my family is athletic in the least.

your theory fails, but still amuses.
Quote by soccermom
I dont know about slavery, but i am guessing the owners didn't force them to have sex.
How is that possible. They were not animals.

^ you force them by beating them with a whip until they had sex, if they still wouldnt and the plantation owner was muscular he would just rape the girls
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
Quote by MadClownDisease

I call them "black." And, some of them TELL us to call them "African American." I still call them black because I'm "white," not "European American."

Quote by scarlet20
yeah but if 2 people do the exact same workout everyday, their not going to have the same body. Some people just build muscle easier.

You also have to consider their eating habits, what they eat, and their general health.
Click for charity.

PM Calebrocker to join.

Last edited by Haha, Crackhead at Jun 27, 2007,
Quote by scarlet20
I said that the reason that African Americans were more athletic was because of slavery.

Think about if you were white back in the 1600's. Wouldn't you want to take only the strongest and most efficient slaves back home from Africa?

If you have to ask an online community such as Ultimate-Guitar whether or not your comment was racist, chances are, it was.

And yes, if you told that to some 'gangstas', they would probably knife your stupid ass.
Spiral Out
Page 1 of 5