Plenty of chips, dents, but the main problems are slightly bigger.

One of the tuning keys(?) is cracked(the part where the string is wound around)

The nut has fallen off...

Last but most importantly not least...at the fat end of the body on the back, the body panels are coming off. A 4 inch strip of wood is missing from the side panel where it is connected to the back panel.

Any suggestions?
The Mariachi Player of the Church of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Quote by soulfly_freak
men were given a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to use one at a time...

Member #2 of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join
Yeah... unless it's a handcrafted masterpiece, there's no point in trying to fix that badboy up.

If you want though, you can take it into a shop. It sounds kind of... beyond help though
My God, it's full of stars!
I figured as much, but hoped for the better. O well.

It has such a nice tone though...maybe i can find anotherof the same model.

Thanks, BTW.

EDIT: I didn't know this, but the guitar is handmade, by Cahcia, Grade No. 2, December 1970. Made in Madrid, Spain.

Quote by soulfly_freak
men were given a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to use one at a time...

Last edited by AssassinLoki090 at Jun 27, 2007,
You sound like you're completely ****ed. When the wood starts to come off, it's pretty much a point of no return. The tuning key and the nut can be replaced though.

I found nothing on the guitar though my teacher live in Madrid in te 70s and was in the guitar scene so I will ask him.
Last edited by confusius at Jun 28, 2007,
A picture speaks a 1000 words AssassinLoki090 Any chance of seeing the problems with a couple of pics.
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Ill get some up after work.

Quote by soulfly_freak

Cool m8, maybe someone will be able to give you a definitave answer. Oh also did you get an answer from confusious about whether his guitar teacher knew of the brand ??

Quote by Robin Williams

Oh by the way this is what that quote you have in your posts should be written. I actually saw Robin Williams (the actor) say this very statement in an interview. He was asked a rather curley question , relating to women's lib movement, & as quick as a flash got himself off the hook with that answer. i.e. men were given a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to use one at a time. LOL
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Last edited by Dix_Fix at Jun 28, 2007,
How did you do that thing with my avatar? I haven't had a chance to talk to my teacher, I will tell you guys as soon as I can.
Confusious i simply copied it posted it to photobucket & copied the IMG code off the pic in photobucket.com & paste the image code in my post. you can do this with any pic it sure beats UG's storage method.

Someone's eye candy AVITAR
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Well unfortunetly I cannot find my camera...

But if I get the nut back on I'll be happy.

How would I do this? Some kind of epoxy?

Quote by soulfly_freak

Sorry guys i had a computer crash yesterday Bummer.
I pm-ed AssassinLoki

I use PVA or PVC wood glue for the nut, i find if you use cryo (superglue) or epoxy it is too hard to get off next time when you want to change your nut. Main thing to remember is to be pristine in your approach so you avoid any blemishes to the finish around the nut area. also clean both the nut & nut seating area very well with sandpaper to ensure a good bond.
Oh a trap for young players leave the bloody thing overnight to dry just kidding im sure you have enough sence to know when glue is dry, (when in doubt read the label)LOL
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Last edited by Dix_Fix at Jun 30, 2007,