Page 1 of 2
Ok, since we have all seen these threads on every forum in existence, I am going to make a thread, that will actually get you some money!

1. Try to save change
Not a very fast way, but when you really start saving, putting pocket change in a bucket or piggy bank, and start watching out for loose change around home, you will find tons. If you really search, you can probably find about 3 dollars worth.

2.Yard work
This is what most kids hear, "Mow some damn lawns!" which you should, but for some reason kids have an excuse, even though it is not true and want to take the easy way out. There are other alternatives, note the words yard work. Don't forget you can also rake lawns, water plants, and de-weed gardens!

3.Sell Sell Sell!
Chances are that since your young, you own a lot of unnecessary ****! Get rid of it, the major ones that have high chances of selling are video games. You may have to part with some of your favorites, but hey your desperate right? The best thing is to sell most of your games for like 10 bucks a game. Most places sell used games for about 15 bucks, you get the advantage seeing that you are going to your friends and have a lower price. Even sell an old console you might not want for maybe 50-60 bucks.

4.Exploit your talents
If you in heart are a good musician, then you could probably play for a friends birthday for like 15 bucks and piece of cake. Hey about 2 hours for 10 bucks, yeah not even minimum wage, but there's cake! I am sure there are other ways.

5.Chores you lazy bum!
There are many chores you can do at home, like walk the dog, rake the yard, take out the trash, do the dishes, wash the car. There are countless needs. Talk to your parents about setting up an allowance and chores system.

6.Talk to your parents!
This is the last thing most people think of, and when they do... they do it in a wrong way. The best way is to decide which parent is in the best mood, who is more lenient, and do they even share interest in what you are trying to purchase? This may be a big leap, and probably wont happen, so just ask for about 20-30 bucks. Yes it is little, but better then being denied completely.

I will update this thread every now and then with more ideas!

Sticky amirite?
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
Last edited by Funcoot at Jun 27, 2007,
Quote by Funcoot
Ok, since we have all seen these threads on every forum in existence, I am going to make a thread, that will actually get you some money!

1. Try to save change
Not a very fast way, but when you really start saving, putting pocket change in a bucket or piggy bank, and start watching out for loose change around home, you will find tons. If you really search, you can probably find about 3 dollars worth.
Yeah, I get like 30 a year from this method.
2.Yard work
This is what most kids hear, "Mow some damn lawns!" which you should, but for some reason kids have an excuse, even though it is not true and want to take the easy way out. There are other alternatives, note the words yard work. Don't forget you can also rake lawns, water plants, and de-weed gardens!
Not if you live in SoCal.
3.Sell Sell Sell!
Chances are that since your young, you own a lot of unnecessary ****! Get rid of, the major ones that have high chances of selling are video games. You may have to part with some of your favorites, but hey your desperate right? The best thing is to sell most of your games for like 10 bucks a game. Most places sell used games for about 15 bucks, you get the advantage seeing that you are going to your friends and have a lower price. Even sell an old console you might not want for maybe 50-60 bucks.
Don't have too much junk that people wanna buy.
4.Exploit your talents
If you in heart are a good musician, then you could probably play for a friends birthday for like 15 bucks and piece of cake. Hey about 2 hours for 10 bucks, yeah not even minimum wage, but there's cake! I am sure there are other ways.
Trying....
5.Chores you lazy bum!
There are many chores you can do at home, like walk the dog, rake the yard, take out the trash, do the dishes, wash the car. There are countless needs. Talk to your parents about setting up an allowance and chores system.
I do chores for free.
6.Talk to your parents!
This is the last thing most people think of, and when they do... they do it in a wrong way. The best way is to decide which parent is in the best mood, who is more lenient, and do they even share interest in what you are trying to purchase? This may be a big leap, and probably wont happen, so just ask for about 20-30 bucks. Yes it is little, but better then being denied completely.
Haha...you're funny.

Sticky amirite?

Answered in colors.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by Norse_Iron_King
Good ideas
i encourage that 14 year old kid to follow them

You are really ignorant. You can do every single one of those, try harder lazy bones.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
I don't agree with getting payed for chores. Your parents work hard to provide you with food, shelter, love, all the necessities and more. The least you could do is mow the lawns every weekend or collect the trash around the house. That's something that should be without pay.
What, no one read my comment? Lol.
Gear...
Quote by PhillyC
I don't agree with getting payed for chores. Your parents work hard to provide you with food, shelter, love, all the necessities and more. The least you could do is mow the lawns every weekend or collect the trash around the house. That's something that should be without pay.

I clean my room when told, take out the trash, and grill on some nights. No allowance, I know I don't do enough to earn actual money.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Quote by Funcoot

1. Try to save change

2.Yard work

3.Sell Sell Sell!
Chances are that since your young, you own a lot of unnecessary ****! Get rid of it, the major ones that have high chances of selling are video games. You may have to part with some of your favorites, but hey your desperate right? The best thing is to sell most of your games for like 10 bucks a game. Most places sell used games for about 15 bucks, you get the advantage seeing that you are going to your friends and have a lower price. Even sell an old console you might not want for maybe 50-60 bucks.

4.Exploit your talents

5.Chores you lazy bum!

6.Talk to your parents!

Sticky amirite?

i can barely get 5-15
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Quote by abcdboy
What, no one read my comment? Lol.

No we read it, it shows us how horrible your attempt at anything is.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Quote by guitarman015
i can barely get 5-15

Better then 0.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Quote by Funcoot
No we read it, it shows us how horrible your attempt at anything is.

Or it could be:
A) I'm not presented with the opportunities required for your advice to take place.
B) You're advice sucks?

Latter one sounds about right.
Gear...
my mom says that i should be happy to be able to help out around the house. africans dont get the concept of kids doing housework for money.
Quote by abcdboy
Or it could be:
A) I'm not presented with the opportunities required for your advice to take place.
B) You're advice sucks?

Latter one sounds about right.

It must suck... wait I have money and you don't!
Quote by smirnoff_black
Quote by Funcoot
It must suck... wait I have money and you don't!

Cough, opportunities cough cough.

And it sucks cough cough.

Good advice applies to everyone.
Gear...
Quote by abcdboy
Cough, opportunities cough cough.

And it sucks cough cough.

Good advice applies to everyone.

Well I was trying to be nice, but anyways, Get off your ass if you want money this badly.
SoCal has a big ****ing population there are ****ing opportunities everywhere!
Quote by smirnoff_black
Quote by Funcoot
Well I was trying to be nice, but anyways, Get off your ass if you want money this badly.
SoCal has a big ****ing population there are ****ing opportunities everywhere!

Oh, I wasn't trying to be mean. It's hard to be sarcastic online....

Large illegal immigrant population is the problem. Jobs are all taken.
Gear...
Quote by abcdboy
Oh, I wasn't trying to be mean. It's hard to be sarcastic online....

Large illegal immigrant population is the problem. Jobs are all taken.

Not only ignorant, but racist too? Well I doubt you could get a job in most of the stereotypical jobs they are "stealing."
Quote by smirnoff_black
Quote by Funcoot
Not only ignorant, but racist too? Well I doubt you could get a job in most of the stereotypical jobs they are "stealing."

I didn't specify a race. Therefore, not racist.

Lawn mowing. You even recommended that.
Gear...
Quote by abcdboy
I didn't specify a race. Therefore, not racist.

Lawn mowing. You even recommended that.

Yes, every single lawn in SoCal is already being mowed? Damn I wish I lived there now.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Quote by Funcoot
Yes, every single lawn in SoCal is already being mowed? Damn I wish I lived there now.

They are in my city. What, you think I'm kidding? No one even owns a lawn mower here.
Gear...
Quote by abcdboy
They are in my city. What, you think I'm kidding? No one even owns a lawn mower here.

That is simply absurd, once you show me pictures of every house in SoCal with an illegal immigrant mowing them, I will believe you.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Quote by Funcoot
That is simply absurd, once you show me pictures of every house in SoCal with an illegal immigrant mowing them, I will believe you.

Or, how about every lawn on my street, neatly trimmed? They don't cut all of them at the same time.
Gear...
Quote by abcdboy
Or, how about every lawn on my street, neatly trimmed? They don't cut all of them at the same time.

Go to your neighbor and tell him you will mow his front and back lawn for 15 bucks, he will probably say sure.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Quote by Funcoot
Go to your neighbor and tell him you will mow his front and back lawn for 15 bucks, he will probably say sure.

....I already said that I've tried it before.
Gear...
Quote by abcdboy
....I already said that I've tried it before.

Yeah, now your lying, try each house in a 4 block radius, you'll get at least 6 yeahs.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Quote by Funcoot
Yeah, now your lying, try each house in a 4 block radius, you'll get at least 6 yeahs.

Only tried my street. After about the twentieth "I've already got a guy," I just kinda assumed everyone has a guy.
Gear...
Assuming is the last thing you should do. Anyways, I am going to apologize for rude comments now. I hope you do succeed in your quest for the money.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Funcoot, I know what you're saying, but you have to understand that not only do illegals work for less money, but they're typically far more hardworking than any suburban white kid. And once you have regular lawn maintenance people who you've trained to cut your lawn just how you want it, you kind of have to stick with them.

I understand your argument, but I guess you'd have to live where illegal immigrants are more prevalent in order to fully grasp his problem.
Quote by Alicee
Funcoot, I know what you're saying, but you have to understand that not only do illegals work for less money, but they're typically far more hardworking than any suburban white kid. And once you have regular lawn maintenance people who you've trained to cut your lawn just how you want it, you kind of have to stick with them.

I understand your argument, but I guess you'd have to live where illegal immigrants are more prevalent in order to fully grasp his problem.

I'm chinese. Even worse. People think I can't mow lawns.
Gear...
Quote by PhillyC

its because they are required by law!!!
Quote by Par Avion
^ Computer repair!

I live in Walnut California. Notorious for having a bunch of oriental people. They can fix their own computers, and when they do need me, it's always because my mom makes me do it.
Gear...
Funcoot, they want their mom's to pay for that. You gave the advice, its up to them.

when i was 14 I signed to this RENT-A-KID program run by the city. They called you for anything. I worked saturdays at the local marina washing/painting/vacuuming boats and i made about $80 a day. Sometimes i washed firetrucks before big parades. Churches are always doing something so i helped them set up their little fairs/bingo nights. Helped neighbors move big furniture. Shoveled snow in the winter with 3 friends. Painted at my friend's cousin's girlfriend's neighbor's house. The list goes on.

When u get older u get more opportunities but less time (if u go to college). I have friends working at their gym/at their dorms/bookstore. I work 40 hours a week at a deli making breakfast and lunch and i signed up to take lifeguard training so i always have something to go to and make cheese.

It all depends how bad u want that money. Get a part time at mcdonalds/Burger King/bodega filling the sodas/Dunkin dounuts/Starbucks/Dentists office anwering the phone/ pizzeria

Dont blame it on the illegals. They probably have 3 jobs and some of them dont even speak english. You tell me u cant find ONE job?

Ill be back with more ideas.
Last edited by Pabli7o at Jun 27, 2007,
Quote by Pabli7o
Funcoot, they want their mom's to pay for that. You gave the advice, its up to them.

when i was 14 I signed to this RENT-A-KID program run by the city. They called you for anything. I worked saturdays at the local marina washing/painting/vacuuming boats and i made about $80 a day. Sometimes i washed firetrucks before big parades. Churches are always doing something so i helped them set up their little fairs/bingo nights. Helped neighbors move big furniture. Shoveled snow in the winter with 3 friends. Painted at my friend's cousin's girlfriend's neighbor's house. The list goes on.

When u get older u get more opportunities but less time (if u go to college). I have friends working at their gym/at their dorms/bookstore. I work 40 hours a week at a deli making breakfast and lunch and i signed up to take lifeguard training so i always have something to go to and make cheese.

It all depends how bad u want that money. Get a part time at mcdonalds/Burger King/bodega filling the sodas/Dunkin dounuts/Starbucks/Dentists office anwering the phone/ pizzeria

Dont blame it on the illegals. They probably have 3 jobs and some of them dont even speak english. You tell me u cant find ONE job?

Ill be back with more ideas.

I can't find a job. It's either illegal, or they already have someone diong it for them.
Gear...
That RENT-A-KID sounds great.

I'll be 16 in 8 months, and I'll be able to get a job then. It would ROCK if I could get one at my local music store. Then I could make money doing nothing but playing guitar.

Does anybody else work at a music store?
get a job at a fast food place. Im 15 in 2 months, and i work at McDonalds. It really isnt that hard to get a job. Be persistent, and eventually you'll find one.
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
Page 1 of 2