I've heard a lot of people talking about Agile guitars and stuff, so i went to Rondo Music and found this bass:

http://www.rondomusic.net/spj62vwh.html

Does anyone know if it's any good?
Quote by Keef-is-king
Seinfeld: The Video Game

It'd be a game about nothing. But it would be fantastic, better than the Sims by far because there would be more jews.
Quote by I Walk Alone
I've heard a lot of people talking about Agile guitars and stuff, so i went to Rondo Music and found this bass:

http://www.rondomusic.net/spj62vwh.html

Does anyone know if it's any good?
It depends, would you enjoy playing a bass created by a seven year old in South East Asia who is battling HIV on funds given to him by a charity; due to the fact that his parents cannot support him because he was orphaned by the modern plague that is AIDS?!?!?! HMMM?!?! HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?!?!

EDIT: I'll try and be useful and give some actual info on the bass. The fretwork on the bass I tried could have been upgraded a lot. On another note, it needed major setup when being bought (Intonation, strings, action, the works). Also, the nut could have been shaped a lot better and was quite crude, although it didn't get in the way of playing that much. The bridge pickup is slightly weak, although the neck pickup is nice and works well.

All in all, aside from the build quality and fixing all of these problems (Which can be relatively simple), you have a decent bass on your hands. Sonically, it sounds okay although it lacks the definition of higher scale basses, but with the price in hand its a pretty good bass (Not including setup work).
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Last edited by AboveTheBridge at Jun 27, 2007,
Quote by AboveTheBridge
Depends would you enjoy playing a bass created by a seven year old whose battling HIV on funds given by charity due to the fact that his parents cannot because he was orphaned by the modern plague that is AIDS?!?!?! HMMM?!?! HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?!?!

Well considering the quality of the Agiles I wouldn't mind =P
Quote by Keef-is-king

It'd be a game about nothing. But it would be fantastic, better than the Sims by far because there would be more jews.
Quote by AboveTheBridge
Depends would you enjoy playing a bass created by a seven year old whose battling HIV on funds given by charity due to the fact that his parents cannot because he was orphaned by the modern plague that is AIDS?!?!?! HMMM?!?! HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?!?!

first off what? and second i think its good for the price
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
I'm always quite perplexed at why people ask questions about super-budget basses. I really feel that you get what you pay for with instruments, and you're not privvy to any information that nobody else is. It's going to play just as much as a bass for that price will play.

However, if you plunk a hundred dollars or two, you can get the bass set up, refretted and cleaned up, and you could have a real axe on your hands. But as is, it's not a well-playing bass.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by bassman10101
first off what? and second i think its good for the price
I was commenting on how the manufacturer of the bass takes advantage of the South East Asian manufacturing market and possibly its workers (Many who are young and misfortunate). The reason the price is so low is due to the cheap labor used to make the bass. Also, the build quality is not the greatest due to the fact that the bass is made from the greatest ( ) of materials combined with the factor of an experienced worker who is likely to be a child.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

The thing is the bass is only about $90 less than the Agile AL-2000 electric, which is said here to be at par with some Gibson Les Pauls. I'm wondering whether this company does the same thing with basses or if it's a "You get what you paid for" thing this time.
Quote by Keef-is-king

I've heard a lot of people talking about Agile guitars and stuff

lots of people talking about Agile guitars? where the hell do you live? in cambodia?

dude... that is a "bass" for fun... that is not a real bass.... if youre just starting out.... ok... (still)...

but... dude... thats not a bass... thats a piece of wood with four strings in it...
Quote by DesolationRow0
lots of people talking about Agile guitars? where the hell do you live? in cambodia?

dude... that is a "bass" for fun... that is not a real bass.... if youre just starting out.... ok... (still)...

but... dude... thats not a bass... thats a piece of wood with four strings in it...

Dude, they're all talking about them HERE. Read other forums, man.
Quote by Keef-is-king

i think people who'd recommend that bass (unless its a started only bass)... have never played a really good bass in their lives...
Quote by DesolationRow0
i think people who'd recommend that bass (unless its a started only bass)... have never played a really good bass in their lives...

Go over to talkbass, the guys there (many of them serious PRO'S) highly recommend the SX basses claiming they're almost on par with MIM fenders.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by AboveTheBridge
It depends, would you enjoy playing a bass created by a seven year old in South East Asia who is battling HIV on funds given to him by a charity; due to the fact that his parents cannot support him because he was orphaned by the modern plague that is AIDS?!?!?! HMMM?!?! HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?!?!

hahahaha, true, true, or they may be prisoners building them, you know the law these days...
Member of the "Shoop Da Woop" club, PM to Join