Hey im thinking about getting a Stiletto Studio 5 string and i need a new active amp. my old one is only passive. i only need it to practice at home and jam with my friends. are there any good ones for about 2 to 3 hundred Canadian? i was thinking 60 to 80 watts.
Thanks in advance for the help

EDIT: I mean an amp with an active input
Last edited by H-D at Jun 27, 2007,
As far as I know every amp works for active basses. I think you're talking about an active/passive switch or button. My Fender Rumble 100 has one. It just changes the sensitivity.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

so i could use an active bass with lets say the amps at my school? even though they dont have those switches?
Yep.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

active amps god... thats the worse bull**** i've heard to the day ahah.......... if you still want to buy one check out the fender rumbles 60 (if its only to jam and have fun)...
Quote by DesolationRow0
active amps god... thats the worse bull**** i've heard to the day ahah.......... if you still want to buy one check out the fender rumbles 60 (if its only to jam and have fun)...

geez man - he just didnt know. Calm down dude.
And like others said - the active/passive inputs dont really matter all that much. It just changes the sensetivity. No reason to buy a new amp.
yeah i have a fender rumble, the passive active switch... well, if i turn it on (which i always do) just makes the mids less scooped.... its good for some slap players i think
Quote by H-D
awesome that saves me a quite a bit of money

There are "active" amps?

Just get a Fender combo - they're pretty good for the price, and you could prob find a used one for cheap.